Aragon Online

Go Back   Aragon Online > Aragon Online Forums > The War Room

The War Room Discuss Aragon Online strategy and tactics. Economic strategy, battle tactics, and anything else related to game play.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Knave
Stable Hand

yhanno is on a distinguished road
Default Overly agressive enemy units???

This is part of my messages from a recent battle. This was only the third or fourth tactical turn BTW, and obviously fools rush in. I have seen this several times in recent days and it always helps me out for the whole battle to score such a massive victory very early in a battle.

Everbert, Richy, Wirell, yhanno, Henchman 2, 2d Bow, Lgt Cross Bow I, 1st Mtd Bow, Mtd Inf w/Bow, 1st HVY Cav, 2d Mtd Bow attack: Cavalry suffered 684 hits and was eliminated!.

I'm sure it is hard to judge just how aggressive to make the enemy armies but perhaps some testing of the water needs to be done prior to a serious attempt to broach lines. Heck, I'm totally lost as to how AI works at all. Must be fascinating stuff! (I could write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74...LOL).
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Supreme Wizard
Administrator

City: Riverton
Race: Human
Wealth: 870,002
Population: 1,582

Merlin is on a distinguished road

LOL. I managed to skip learning COBOL. AI is really tricky to get right. This code works pretty well, but there are some problems, at times. I don't want the AI to "know" anything more than the player would know (considered a "cheating" AI in a game).
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Squire
Scribe

MariaDMarin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhanno View Post
This is part of my messages from a recent battle. This was only the third or fourth tactical turn BTW, and obviously fools rush in. I have seen this several times in recent days and it always helps me out for the whole battle to score such a massive victory very early in a battle.

Everbert, Richy, Wirell, yhanno, Henchman 2, 2d Bow, Lgt Cross Bow I, 1st Mtd Bow, Mtd Inf w/Bow, 1st HVY Cav, 2d Mtd Bow attack: Cavalry suffered 684 hits and was eliminated!.

I'm sure it is hard to judge just how aggressive to make the enemy armies but perhaps some testing of the water needs to be done prior to a serious attempt to broach lines. Heck, I'm totally lost as to how AI works at all. Must be fascinating stuff! (I could write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74...LOL).
write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74, pls post on this forum to follow.
offgamers