Aragon Online

Go Back   Aragon Online > Aragon Online Forums > Aragon Online Feedback

Aragon Online Feedback Let us know if you find problems, have suggestions for improvements, or just want to complain.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Knave
Novice

Neurotrash is on a distinguished road
Default just a couple questions...

ok here goes:

1) is there any use in having water near your town? In premodern times rivers and sea access would be crucial resources. Even in the old SOA game all the major towns are either on a river on on a coast. Is the land significantly more arable in tactical screens that actually have water in them? Are there any plans for port developments?

2) Is it me or is food pretty much the only thing people want to get rid of through trade?

3) where do I find the actual prices of the goods I could trade? It only seems to show how much of it and the proportion to the actual price... but what is it? also, are prices dynamic in any sense (except it being reprogrammed now and then)?

4) are there any other differences in races except the combat stats as shown on the races help page? Does this mean theres no special terrain bonusses for races like elves <3 forests or dwarves <3 mountains and stuff like that?

I hope someone can enlighten me about these things. nice game so far, keep it up.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Supreme Wizard
Administrator

City: Riverton
Race: Human
Wealth: 870,002
Population: 1,582

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotrash View Post
ok here goes:

1) is there any use in having water near your town? In premodern times rivers and sea access would be crucial resources. Even in the old SOA game all the major towns are either on a river on on a coast. Is the land significantly more arable in tactical screens that actually have water in them? Are there any plans for port developments?

2) Is it me or is food pretty much the only thing people want to get rid of through trade?

3) where do I find the actual prices of the goods I could trade? It only seems to show how much of it and the proportion to the actual price... but what is it? also, are prices dynamic in any sense (except it being reprogrammed now and then)?

4) are there any other differences in races except the combat stats as shown on the races help page? Does this mean theres no special terrain bonusses for races like elves <3 forests or dwarves <3 mountains and stuff like that?

I hope someone can enlighten me about these things. nice game so far, keep it up.
1) Not much use. In fact, it would limit the land you have available for development. At some point, we're going to allow your city to grow to additional hexes, so one of those could be a port. Though we haven't considered what a "port" would be.

2) NPCs are still kind of in flux. We're working out the kinks in their development, so they will hopefully have something to trade other than food.

3) Everything is measured in GP. The trade screen has a cost option where you can price your items lower than market. We'll probably be working on something to help balance the economy, when we get NPCs under control.

4) Terrain bonuses and such are on my list of things to do. We plan to give elves a movement advantage in forests, and dwarves an advantage in hills/mountains, among other things. (Also, something for goblins and ogres... probably balancing out the "good" races.)
Closed Thread