Aragon Online

Go Back   Aragon Online > Aragon Online Forums > Aragon Online Feedback

Aragon Online Feedback Let us know if you find problems, have suggestions for improvements, or just want to complain.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Squire
Scribe

Orpheus is on a distinguished road
Default Little pyromaniacs BEWARE!

LOL I used pyro for the second time since I began play and really screwed the pooch. Not only did it burn one of their Magicians, added hits to two charactors and take out numerous infantry, but it also eliminated one of my best units (320 hp) that was in the hex next to the enemy and moving in front of them to an attack position and set fire to my own housing. LOL again. And I must figure out how to extinguish the fire now. Hmmm...seems I've seen a 'quench' spell somewhere and wondered why it was there. So, I NEED some practice with this spell. And you can bet that practice will be in the wide open spaces. But just for general guidance, does Pyro effect the same sort of area that Mud does?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Supreme Wizard
Administrator

City: Riverton
Race: Human
Wealth: 870,002
Population: 1,582

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Yes. 1 hex around the center of your attack. You must have just earned a Pyro? It is quite dangerous as it does not discriminate. (Your houses will not be harmed by the fire. Implementing that is still on the To Do list.)

See http://aragon-online.net/aragon/aragon.php?tab=16
Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Playtester
Archmage

City: Amber
Wealth: 110,197,840
Population: 91,309

Eudrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
LOL I used pyro for the second time since I began play and really screwed the pooch. Not only did it burn one of their Magicians, added hits to two charactors and take out numerous infantry, but it also eliminated one of my best units (320 hp) that was in the hex next to the enemy and moving in front of them to an attack position and set fire to my own housing. LOL again. And I must figure out how to extinguish the fire now. Hmmm...seems I've seen a 'quench' spell somewhere and wondered why it was there. So, I NEED some practice with this spell. And you can bet that practice will be in the wide open spaces. But just for general guidance, does Pyro effect the same sort of area that Mud does?
BWAHHHAHHAHHHA. JUST YOU WAIT! Catch an Elf defense battle and curse the Elfin mages who think that collateral damage is acceptable.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Squire
Scribe

My last Pyro did NOT work well.

Orpheus spell Pyro: 5 Militia suffered 30 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: No effect.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Short Bows suffered 3 hits, 4 Militia suffered 210 hits and was eliminated!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: 2d SOG suffered 252 hits and was eliminated!, Arnold suffered 4 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Orpheus suffered 8 hits, 1 Militia suffered 150 hits.
Orpheus casting Pyro disrupted.

I don't know what 'disrupted' the spell.... it seemed targeted fine, no obstructions, etc. But something sure went awry. It even singed my mustache and eyebrows.......
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Playtester
Archmage

City: Amber
Wealth: 110,197,840
Population: 91,309

Eudrick is on a distinguished road

Well...here's what happened. Orpheus took an enemy strike on the turn the spell was to be cast and it backfired (the spell was cast but not directed)...detonated on the 7 hex block centered on Orpheus himself and nailed anyone in range including your own units. The enemy had the battle initiative and got their licks in first.

I hate it when that happens!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Squire
Scribe

This from one battle about 6-7 turns apart. Metinks I've got it........finally.

Orpheus spell Pyro: Infantry suffered 120 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Guild set afire!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Infantry suffered 90 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Forest set afire!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Bowmen suffered 100 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Infantry suffered 210 hits, Bowmen suffered 25 hits.

Orpheus spell Pyro: Forest set afire!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Bowmen suffered 216 hits, Cavalry suffered 140 hits.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Opilge suffered 6 hits, Bowmen suffered 100 hits, Forest set afire!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Infantry suffered 180 hits, Arts set afire!.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Mtd. Infantry suffered 66 hits, Bowmen suffered 50 hits, Bowmen ineffective.
Orpheus spell Pyro: Infantry suffered 120 hits.