Aragon Online

Aragon Online (http://aragon-online.net/forums/index.php)
-   Aragon Online Feedback (http://aragon-online.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How long IS one minute? (http://aragon-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2011)

yhanno 08-28-2011 07:05 PM

How long IS one minute?

I have seen this multiple times but will finally ask, how long is one minute in Aragon time when you are waiting to do another turn? I first saw the message 20-30 minutes ago, Went into Develop and messed around, went to world players and looked around, wrote a thread, went back and it still says 'Next turn in about one minute'. Whhaaa....t.t.tttt.ss.ss h.aa..p..p..en...ing.........?

yhanno 08-28-2011 07:09 PM

I left out, went to help and studied equipment and other things, read all Lore and ate breakfast. Twas a looooonnnnnngggggg minute (and still hasn't passed into history.........

Merlin 08-29-2011 02:28 PM

The time period for Aragon turns was designed to NOT advance if there are no players active, so the world turns don't advance too much when nobody is active. The assumption was that there would be enough players that the turns would advance for everyone at a reasonable rate. The "About one minute remaining" may be a glitch with the javascript, or something similar.

Nightstalker 08-29-2011 03:56 PM

I wondered about that too and the explanation is adequate. Let's just hope for more active players. In another thread it was mentioned that someone started a city and then bailed before a battle. I a l m o s t left when suddenly an army came out of no where on my city the first time. I was like wha...??? Can you email those who leave early on and ask them why or encourage them to continue?

yhanno 08-29-2011 04:49 PM

Okay, I've got that. TY. It's not a huge problem but it does make one wonder.

Merlin 08-29-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightstalker (Post 8017)
I wondered about that too and the explanation is adequate. Let's just hope for more active players. In another thread it was mentioned that someone started a city and then bailed before a battle. I a l m o s t left when suddenly an army came out of no where on my city the first time. I was like wha...??? Can you email those who leave early on and ask them why or encourage them to continue?

We've tried that. Most players register with a "throw-away" account which they don't check for emails. We got no response, at all.

Merlin 08-30-2011 12:19 AM

More on Aragon Turns: You're allowed to get four turns "behind" the game, so your first four turns after a (long) break may be readily available (if there were other games active, as noted). The current design really emphasizes the Region game, and to take a full set of region turns with battles and such will almost always take longer than 30 minutes, so if you played each Region out completely before taking an Aragon Turn, you would likely never see the turn be unavailable.

Nightstalker 09-01-2011 08:34 PM

A better idea indeed......Thanks

MariaDMarin 10-09-2014 12:46 AM

players have to active about time. they decide result of battle

offgamers

selena20199 10-23-2017 09:58 AM

The assumption was that there would be enough players that the turns would advance for everyone at a reasonable rate.