PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion less micromanagment of building structure location on map

Redflag
10-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Hello,

First I want to thank you for Aragon Online. I enjoyed playing the original game. And now for a suggestion or two. :-)

Is it possible to try to focus less on where we put the farms/bakeries/etc on the map and instead have it done automatically ALA Sword of Aragon. If I remember correctly the city would naturally grow in size on the battle map as the population grew in size. Rather than having building spread out all over the place in order to maximize resource utilization may I suggest that the building be concentrated within city walls.

Merlin
10-10-2009, 11:13 PM
In Sword, we had twenty cities, and the player started the game in Aladda. So we pre-designed each city as you describe, which then was sized to accommodate development. And if you remember Sword, there were only two categories of development that affected the city: Structure and Fortification.

We couldn't do that with AO in the same way, because each player creates a unique city. There also wouldn't be a way to build a variable number of bakeries, for instance, so much of the economic game would be neutralized.

Redflag
10-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Is it possible to have villages and a central town rather than have structures spread out all over the place? Maybe something as simple as certain structures within a city/town wall have a bonus to production/etc. I guess what I am thinking is some way to encourage players to build a Castle and an adjacent walled in town in the city construction map.

Merlin
10-11-2009, 03:00 AM
We're working on a system that will allow the player to have villages and fortifications throughout his region.

Redflag
10-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Looking forward to seeing what you are going to create.

Redflag
10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
maybe you can make a population growth limit unless the housing structures are within enclosed walls and militia are created only if a castle is nearby.

wearesep73
12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. As an alternative to ClientExec, we offer licenses for WHMCS. So you do have a couple choices.

furrege09
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
The logic is that this was made for u to chose what to have and not to brainlessly buy all.