PDA

View Full Version : D&D games are harder to find then they probably were in the 70's

The Captain
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Right Merlin?
I've been actively asking around with my friends and nerdo's at the comic shops in town for about a year now and the only games I can find are either with 30-40 year olds only, or I'd have to jump in with a bunch of level 50 characters (and seeing as how the've only been playing for a month or too I can only assume that the DM is pretty bad)
I only have one or two friends that I'm aware of that play and they're looking for dungeons to leep into also.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem...

Merlin
03-28-2006, 04:04 AM
There's a term for the dungeons where players get gobs of (unearned) experience and gold, and advance at incredible rates. They are called Monty Hall dungeons, after the host of the (way, way before your time) show Let's Make A Deal.

In my opinion, dungeons should be hard, almost to the point of your party dying, so the reward seems that much harder gained, and sweeter in remembrance.

If I had more time, I'd DM again, but a real job and too many hobbies makes it impossible. Or, at least, difficult.

The Captain
03-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Monty dungeons? Isn't the host of Lets make a Deal Bob Barker? Wait, thats the price is right...

Anywho, DM again. Nuff said.

Merlin
07-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Monty dungeons? Isn't the host of Lets make a Deal Bob Barker? Wait, thats the price is right...

Anywho, DM again. Nuff said.

I will! It will be an online game, available at an interactivedungeon.com near you.

The Captain
07-19-2006, 06:00 AM
I will! It will be an online game, available at an interactivedungeon.com near you.

hahaha, lawlright.

But seriously, you should table top DM, a group of friends of mine play and one of their older brothers DM's, but from the sound of it it's a Monty Dungeon, they killed a Red Dragon because they had been "blessed by the gods" and had epic damage and hit chance, basically anything hit excpet a 1... That was at level 9 too. DM. For serious.

Merlin
07-20-2006, 02:51 AM
hahaha, lawlright.

But seriously, you should table top DM, a group of friends of mine play and one of their older brothers DM's, but from the sound of it it's a Monty Dungeon, they killed a Red Dragon because they had been "blessed by the gods" and had epic damage and hit chance, basically anything hit excpet a 1... That was at level 9 too. DM. For serious.

If I had the time, I would. I've been spending ALL of my free time working on AO. I want to get a battle system playable by the end of summer. Maybe during the long, dark days of winter I'll find some DM time away from AO.

The Captain
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Good, during the Winter the figures wont melt, Good FSM it's hot!