PDA

View Full Version : Aragon Tactics

Merlin
06-09-2009, 03:11 AM
There are many different tactics used during battles. The ones that you use are dependent on the type of army you have. (See Strategy.) They also vary according to level and class of your characters. Here are a few really effective tactics to use.

Heavy Combat Army: Put your Bowmen just behind your infantry line, using their attacks to weaken the enemy before attacking units as they encounter your front-line units. charge your heavy units into the enemy line as their attack falters.

Mobile Army: Just as the enemy attack falters, use your mounted units to surround the enemy, and move your heavy infantry and Warriors in to finish them off. Typically, the enemy will be very tentative about attacking when they are trying to run away.

Knights: Move with your Cavalry to hit the enemy Bowmen and Mages behind the lines. There is danger that the enemy will turn on you, but your superior movement should get you out of trouble if you don't get bogged down in combat. If you make sure you have a powerful set of Knights or Warriors, the enemy will wither when they counter-attack.

Rangers: Use Entangle and Growth to limit both enemy missile attacks and movement. Put the Growth at your flanks and the Entangle in the middle, just in front of your line. Enemy units will tend to avoid the Growth hexes and get mired in your Entangle. Shoot a bunch of missiles at them while they are bogged down, and then finish them off when they are free to move.

Mages: Use Fog/Stink/Poison to block missile attacks, leaving a path leading to your strong center for the enemy to move through. They will get clogged up in the gap, and you can use missiles and spells to destroy them in detail.

Narwik
08-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I read HELP pages, but i didnt find answer for my question. So: is killing the heroes will drop morale rest of the army down?

Moriority
08-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Does the Morale of an army decline when one of their leaders is Eliminated? I've seen armies continue to attack even when all leaders have been Eliminated. Warriors and Knights are hard to bring down, but high level wizards can really mess you up. Mages, primary target for my bowmen or mounted forces.

Kill all Wizards! (Except mine.)

Moriority

Narwik
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Another issue. Equipping my soldiers with brand new super power gadgets is only causing that hostile armies are stronger, or its not have an impact with this problem?

Merlin
04-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Hostile armies get stronger as you get stronger. Also, your win-loss rating is used to adjust that somewhat, so as you are more successful, the enemies get more powerful.

As a result, battles are tougher, but the rewards are greater. Good luck!

Eudrick
04-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Remember, Your spoils at the end of battle were the weapons armor and Items your Last foes were using before you killed them off. Upgrading your equipment is almost mandatory, because your NEXT foes will also be equipped with similar items.

A +3 sword is MUCH better than a +2.

Newbies take note: Get a jump on your enemies by upgrading equipment through purchases in the market.