PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'll kick it off.

Eudrick
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Early on (when I didn't have the healing power I do now) I had equipped all my henchmen with long bows and kept them dismounted. My infantry were very heavily armored and I used them as a protective wall while my archers and henchmen wailed away with double long range missle attacks. As spells have become available, entangle and cloud effects are part of the mix, used to enhance the barrier and prevent enemy missle attacks. As the enemy enters the kill zone ( a 1 hex strip in front of my infantry free of clouds or hinderences) they are in range for mages' missle, dispair, fatigue and pyro and clerics' smite. Works pretty well for a static defense. You do, however, give up the abilty to chase down and kill enemy units at the end of the battle.

Moriority
06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
That's what mounted troops poised on the flanks are for. But turn 10 or 15, my mounts are thoroughly rested and ready to flank and envelop.

Moriority

Eudrick
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
My economy, until recently, sucked. No population growth and hence no recruits. I'm still playing with my basic allotment of recruits fron the beginning of the game with the addition of one bow and one foot unit.

ibukovec
06-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I use infantry. I tried the heavy variant but they have problems battelling goblins (Even with 880 HP they get killed in 1 strike. So im using Auxillas Light inf with a lot of HP. They use Bows so they proven useful as archers as well. I also use Mounted Inf for skirmishes and fast positioning.
My main goal is to avoid missel combat so i use fog/poison (vrs enemy heroes)/stinck to protect my troops and lure the enemy into close combat. But i atrie to leaver coridors open so my mages can pyro the enemy.
I will make 1 more light inf and attacdk u guys to see ur defences. My eco changed strange with the last update. I produced 3 k tresure(in detail) and now only 500. The rest is also smaller now.

Knurt
06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I hate getting missled by some cowardly creeps 5 hexes away. Worse, I hate it when a Pyro spell lands on my army from an enemy mage 6 hexes distant. So, I too use a lot of cloud spells. Poison Cloud takes a long time to cast, but it does some nice damage. I think the duration could be reduced without harm. In fact, sometimes you wish the cloud was no longer there. It sure cuts down on missile damage. I've lost mages to enemy missiles before, no fun.

Knurt

Merlin
06-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Mages are NOT cowards. They just have a different system of combat Chivalry and Ethics that they fight by.

ibukovec
06-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Mages are NOT cowards. They just have a different system of combat Chivalry and Ethics that they fight by.

Hehe, mage are target, so they indeed use a different tactic. With good PR they managed to call it Hit and run, but we all know the real meaning of it, dont we?

Ranana_Jeok
07-02-2009, 02:14 AM
not sure which mission but yes you to encounter all the ships in the etac ill see my mission briefings and tell you when i have a chance