PDA

View Full Version : hmm new rule with potions?

ckohr530
05-22-2009, 11:27 PM
I like the idea but doesn't this make all the magic we have worthless? ... unless this economic meltdown has created a magic backed investment security that no one could put a real value on but didn't stop retirerment funds and banks from filling their portfolios with it... hmm another aragon real life parallel... ok really I just wanted to know the new rule for potions

Merlin
05-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm going to reverse that change, as one of the developers pointed out that this makes the Magician worthless. Though with 2000 +1 Crossbows, you don't need a magician...

ckohr530
05-23-2009, 12:07 AM
yea that brings up another point i like that we are getting diffrent weapons but I think we are getting way to much my magic from scraping has gone from around 20-60k to well over 200k plus the exp is getting very high last battle I got 34,865,518 experience ...maybe we could start buying cure for 5k or you could set up the magician buildings to convert magic to potions... just afew ideas

Merlin
05-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Yeah, we have to do something about the explosion of magic. I don't know what, though. If we make the spoils less likely to get, you'll *never* find the +2 and +3 weapons that the higher level guys have.

ibukovec
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Just make a cap to the number of potions troops (Heroes) can carry(5 is ok i think). This will solve 2 problems at once. And second, dont allow the destruction of Magic items. Once the magic is spent u cant get it back (Or at least make the rate much worse then now).
Troops (enemy) carrying magic weapons have to be much rarer (For troops at least, enemy heroes can still carry items frequent like now).

Merlin
05-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I made a change in the frequency of Light Crossbows +1 that should make them a little rarer. That seems to be where the majority of magic is coming from.

ibukovec
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I made a change in the frequency of Light Crossbows +1 that should make them a little rarer. That seems to be where the majority of magic is coming from.
Its true in the begining, now that i have higer level heroes and troops i get my magic from all kind of stuff.

Merlin
05-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I added a cost to refresh spells. Now it costs 200 of magic for each spell level. So, that Pyro spell costs 1,000 of Magic to refresh. That will really hurt me, as I throw those around all the time.