PDA

View Full Version : Missing City Status objects + Workers

Frasenberg
05-18-2009, 01:49 AM
in the city status window for me it shows on the mini guide in the help button that there is a settings tab were you can set city and miltary paramaters. howerver when i look at the status window that is not there and it seems a production drop down option tab is missing from one of the production slots as well. I also have'nt been able to get or find out how to make workers at all; do not know if this is bug related to the other missing parts _ thanks for your time and hope this can be resolved-MAt

Merlin
05-18-2009, 03:15 AM
The HELP system is a little out of date in some areas. The City screens have been rearranged and modified since that was written. Some day, we'll get those updated.

You have really seriously overbuilt for so early in the game. Your people's morale is zero. That's why you have no workers.

I'd suggest deleting your game, and watching carefully what you build early on.

Frasenberg
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Firstly I would like to give you my thanks merlin. I am impressed at your dedication to your duties as the moderator and you have replied quickly to both me and my freind sergiekun's questions. This player interaction with the mods effectivly makes me want to stay and play even though i totally screwed myself in the beginning of the game. Which brings me to my next point, pray thee, may you explain to me the ideal situation of what i am to do in the beginning of the game? I am a bit confused. I had followed the tutorial windows the best I could through the start but my party had 0 morale from the start it seemed >.< And one last quick question off the top of my head i meant to ask yesterday; how do you repair a units HP and morale after a battle?

Thanks again for your outstanding support, I am happy to stay and play once i figure it out ;P

Merlin
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure that everything is right with the new game setup. And the economic formulas for all races except human were messed up.

On starting a New Game, you should not have to develop at all. You'll start out with enough of everything to survive your first few turns. When you develop, watch the Cost and Stores boxes at the upper left. If any of those get close to zero, or below, you have over-done development. You can elect to NOT save, click develop again to reload the map. Generally, at the beginning, be very frugal with what you develop - only what you need is the best rule.

Units will regain HP and Morale by resting.

Frasenberg
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks again for the efficeient reply and awnsering of my noob questions !
I hope this'll be last one;
What is city health and why does it decline/how do you make it increase

Merlin
05-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Health is almost out of your control. Keep your city morale up, and don't overwork your people. (You really need to delete and restart your game.)