PDA

View Full Version : The use of Lore

Mr.Thompson
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Hello, Ian Thompson here lead writer at Aragon Online.

I've written up this thread to ask you what you think of our use of Lore within the game. Lore is what is randomly given to you by the game to read, they are short bits of text usually divided up into parts or sections for easier reading.

These Lore’s will aid in our upcoming Quest system as players, like yourselves, will have to read the Lore in order to find out information that will aid them in their constant struggle in the world of Aragon Online.

Please tell us what kind of Lore you like, be it political, romantic, battles, descriptions, historical, factual or even fantasy.

By you answering this poll and my questions you will help us line up our sights to what the players like and dislike within the Lore system.

Thanks, Ian.

Mr.Thompson
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
There are a lot more Lore Pieces coming your way.

It is hard to read through them all to see if anything needs changing, please report to me if you see any mistakes so we can correct it as soon as possible.

Also if the first letter of the lore piece doesn't come up as a big fancy letter, let me know the lore piece title.

Cheers, enjoy.

Dirge
08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
love this feature. adds color to the game.

I also like that you can read about past events in your city

par one
01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
been playing a lot lately, but no lore. there is none when i check to lore screen in my city, either. ???

Merlin
01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
That may be a bug that you found. Let us know if you start getting some Lore now, and Eudrick may reward you with some stuff!

Eudrick
01-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Assuredly!!!!

Orpheus
07-29-2011, 11:56 PM
I read all the lore eventually. Sometimes I let one rest for a few days but I will get around to it. I'd like to see it include clues to treasure or something similar from time to time. I agree that it adds 'clor' to the game that other games lack.