PDA

View Full Version : something about production

Neurotrash
03-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I would like to know if there is anything missing from the flowchart in the help pages. For example, when you produce weapons with the military developments, does this use any resources? For instance does making armor and weapons does it use up metal and how much exactly?
Also when we equip soldiers will it detract weapons from a stockpile we keep in our own city? Can we decide wich weapons are produced in our city?
Also do temples produce anything else except experience for priests? Do they influence mentalities in any way?
Then, do we get wealth from anything else than taxes?

Eudrick
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM
If you take a look at the development section in the help pages all you'll see is the cost to build a weapons factory. If you build one, after it's on line and producing the metal (and other resources) usage will appear in the maintenance columns of the city details page. Metal flows from the lode, with a mine built on it, to the smelter and then into storage and production and maintenance use. I've been bugging Merlin for expanded numbers for awhile, but while they'll show up eventually, they're not high on the priority list right now. I kinda wrote my own flow chart using excel and tracked metal specifically. Your mine puts out X amount of ore that comes out as Y amount of refined metal (not quite the same amount as the ore is not pure). The smelter can handle the output of more than one mine (depending on the size of the mines) and is something you need to keep an eye on. It's real easy to overextend your output.
Think of the weapons box at the bottom of the equip page as an open voucher system. Your chararacter/henchman/unit can get any thing he wants (within the range of his level and class) as long as there is 'cash' available to pay for it. As far as specific weapon production, no. However there ARE specific weapons available in the market. Usually +1 or +2 items found by other players after battles that they don't need or want.
Temples do wonders for you priests (enhancing their ability to gain levels). While they don't try to convert the population (in general your people have the same belief system) they may demand a shrubbery or some other token of devotion.
The five major sources of wealth are taxes, booty (in the form of Armory credits), jewelers, bonus cash on world turns and market/trade deals. You may wander into a windfall while trekking about the world.

Keep asking, and we'll keep answering. Questions like these help to fine tune the game.