PDA

View Full Version : Question about the education developments

Morlicar
03-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I checked the help page and the entries for the "War College", "Academy", "Woods Lore", "Temple" and "University" have no description.

The information provided on the City->Develop page is incomplete as well.

What do these rather expensive developments do? If nothing, at the moment, then what is their intended function when fully implemented?

Thanks.

Moriority
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
The City portion of Aragon-Online, (economics) is now being "fleshed" out. Values and Development costs in gold pieces, time, material and workers, are being applied, field tested and modified.

More action/effects connections are being tied together. For instance, TAX RATE. The higher the rate, the higher the income for the player/character. But, city Morale, Loyalty, and eventually, population and production will fall. All actions that can be taken by the player will have consequences both positive and negative. There will be hundreds of trade-offs that will need to be calibrated and balanced.

As the City portion of the game grows, we will appreciate any and all comments concerning the accuracy of the "numbers" and the clarity of the interface. We expect the City/Economic portion of Aragon to be a major part that will tie in with the Mililary, Diplomatic, Trade, Roll-Playing portions of the game.

Explanations of the before mentioned Developments can be found in the Help file under the Aragon Game>Develop tab.

Moriority

Morlicar
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
That was the Help page that I was refering to. When I look at it, the description field is blank for those items. In addition, the "Worker", "Lumber", "Stone", "Metal", "Treasure" and "Time" columns are 0 for all of the developments.

Descriptions are also missing from the "Road", "Bridge", "Wall", "Gate" and "Tower" rows.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/91/aragononline1.jpg
By bswebb (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bswebb) at 2009-03-07

Mr.Thompson
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
They don't do anything as yet.

I don't want to give anything away, but I can tell you that it might have something to with non-military servicemen...

Ian.

Merlin
03-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Everything is zero on that page! I'll have to look into that.

I started to post about the education developments, but their effect is very complex. Basically, they increase the maximum level, and give an experience bonus, depending on the class of unit and the class of the character. I'll update the Help page soon with a table describing the bonuses.

Merlin
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I've repaired the HELP page Develop section (I even had a note in the code reminding me I needed to revise that section!), and updated the descriptions to reflect the current status of those. The only development that doesn't do anything at this point is the Warehouse. We'll be working to finish and enhance those as the game matures. Handy link: http://aragon-online.net/aragon/aragon.php?tab=13

I have been trying to come up with a way of displaying the actual formulas that the games uses in development and production, so the numbers guys (you know who you are!) can really dig into analyzing their economy.

Also updated the City page, substituting a Library tab menu for the five-columns crammed into one page. An addition is the Lore tab, which soon will begin displaying history and background of Aragon, as you gain that knowledge.

Morlicar
03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks for fixing that page so quickly. It is much more useful now. :)

Merlin
03-08-2009, 11:22 PM
You're welcome.

ckohr530
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I built a temple to get more priest but my max level is still one is there something else I must do? In a previous attempt this increased my priest level by one. Another question too how do I get different spoils all I have collected are Lt crossbow+1 do I have to travel or attack cities?

ok my guy leveled up and I could add another priest so you can disregard this question

Ranana_Jeok
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey i just want to know for what is the star in my post and its says that im spinning in a storm

How do i get the second star?