PDA

View Full Version : Economic game balance

Merlin
02-27-2009, 01:11 AM
How is the economic game balance working out for you? Tell us how your game is going, what you think about the balance of the economic game?

Morlicar
02-28-2009, 01:16 AM
I selected "It looks good and is manageable"

I almost could have selected "I have a surplus of everything", but for 2 things.
1) I still have to import significant quantities of food
2) I apparently have a small force to maintain, compared to my production facilities. (This observation based on some of your comments on other threads).

That said, other than food, I do have a surplus in the other production areas. (Though I'm close to needing to add a sawmill and/or mason to maintain those surpluses).

I hope these comments are of use.

Merlin
03-04-2009, 04:23 AM
I might have more units if not playing a Mage, but my current army is almost as small as yours, and I have a REALLY high level game. I favor levels, and characters, over units, as you seem to. We're trying to build a game where you can play with more than one "winning" style, and I think we've succeeded based on your success.

ibukovec
05-30-2009, 07:36 PM
THe game has a problem in management. I produce a lot of treasure and i have no clue where i spent it. My output is over 3 k but im always at 0. Once u reach 0 u usualy dont get below 0 and there seem to be no penalty for it. I have track of a part of my treasure spending but i dont know where most of it is gone. Do heroes have an upkeep? According to info they dont.
U need a lot of armor compared to the rest (In my case i need 6 armorer and 1 of the rest to be at 0.
The producing building use to much worker for they output (Farm, Lumber, Mines). Either increase them or dont allow to much manufacturing.

Guilty_Biscuit
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I voted surplus of everything but:

* I'm currently playing as trolls (don't know if that throws anything out but obviously I am a Warrior with only Inf to maintain).
* I'd still consider myself to be at the beginning of the game where I'd expect it to be a bit easier.

That said - I ran my town with 0% tax for months and everything was still in big surplus.

Telarion
05-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I refuse to run at 0% tax... would incite too much unrest in my humble opinion to have 0% then have to impose a tax to meet the needs of production etc.

Instead I use the surplus to buy on the market and trade if Possible. (Still figuring out the trading part)

What I would like to figure out is how to sell some of my surplus armor, weapons, mounts etc... everything is in positive production and I have a surplus of everything.

well not a surplus of skookum stuff for my troops

Merlin
05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Trade is where you can sell your ordinary goods. I don't know if the HELP pages are actually much help, but the way I use it is to set everything except treasure to auto, with a value of about 2,000. That gives enough for projects, and still trades away the extra.

You'll need to scout your neighbors (on World) in order to learn enough to trade with them - if they are Unknown you can't trade. (You can use the World page and sort by distance to make that easier.)