PDA

View Full Version : Strange Combat Turn

Morlicar
02-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I just hit the turn button. Got a Db error. When I signed back on the game loaded the tactical map. On turn 0, the enemy occupied the center of the map with my units scattered around them. The END BATTLE flag was already set.

I clicked end battle. I did not get a battle summary message, but the game counted the battle as a -5 loss.

Given the tactical situation I was in, I'll take the loss, but I thought the enemy always starts on one of the map edges

Edit: The battle summary message was in my City->History Tab
Failed to defend your city against a None army. You gained a total of 0 experience.
Your Chivalry decreased by 10!
Your City Morale decreased by 4!
Your City Loyalty decreased by 6!
Your win-loss decreased by 5

Merlin
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I took the 5 loss off. The enemy should never start in the midst of your forces, at least not accidentally. I patched the offending routine to prevent that from happening in the future.

ibukovec
05-17-2009, 06:50 AM
I was fighting a battle and i didnt finish it. When want to continue now i just get the turn report, no map and no unit list. I guess i need some help to solve this problem.

Ivan

Merlin
05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
The problems with battles should be resolved now. There may be some minor problems that will need to be fixed, yet, but we're hoping that everything will settle down on their own.

ibukovec
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
om i fought the battle out, despite the spells gone (fog, growth) but now i cant end the battle and my milita has some strange increase in HP.

Ivan

Merlin
05-17-2009, 04:20 PM
There was an error after the battle was finalized, but just before the battle was removed. I did that. It looks like you got a big bonus in experience because of that.

ibukovec
05-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I won this battle 11 times. At least i got 11 reports for winning it. And each time i get different spoils, casulties (milita only) and level increase. I got 11* 199 k XP. So if u can remove it from the troops 10 times.

Ivan

ibukovec
05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Again the same error, i was attacked by goblins and this time nothing loaded.

Ivan

Merlin
05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
There's no easy way to determine how much to remove from each unit, so take it as a free bonus for helping us to test and develop the game. You've certainly played enough to deserve a freebie.

ibukovec
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I still cant fight the battle. Im attacked by goblins and nothing loaded. No unit list and no map, just like before. Need help here.

Ivan

sergiekun
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm in the very beggining, in the first fight after you end your first turn, I'm attacked by Humans, and nothings loading, no units, no map, nothing. It's realy annoying, as I can't do anything to get around it.

Merlin
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
That will work now. Thanks for your patience.

sergiekun
05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you.

ibukovec
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I noticed that my units performe poor in defence and exel in attack. This makes no sense. It cant be that i do 50 HP dmg in defence and after that 300 HP dmg in attack to the same unit. In my opinion u should always use the same formula for dmg. IF u attack u do dmg first and the deffender returns the attack (calculated as attack, not like current defence) with the remaining troops.
And losses should be bigger, it cant be that u lose 1/3 of ur man and none is killed.
Batttle should end automatic after last enemy leaves map, or u wont lose any man ever, just give them 30 healing or cure potions and u cant lose.

Eudrick
05-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Troops and henchmen eliminated during a battle aren't necessarily killed, just out of the battle (from wounds and morale)

That's what the spells and potions are for. Don't neglect your milita when healing, they take a while to "grow" back.

Merlin
05-20-2009, 03:23 AM
We've gone back-and-forth over casualties. We have a lot of new players who suffered very heavy casualties, and thought that by lessening deaths we would help them out, and retain more players. The developers will discuss casualties again, because you make a good point.

ibukovec
05-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Troops and henchmen eliminated during a battle aren't necessarily killed, just out of the battle (from wounds and morale)

That's what the spells and potions are for. Don't neglect your milita when healing, they take a while to "grow" back.

My unit has 40 man, at the end of the battle i have 28 left. In the report i have no death man. A little strange isnt it?
I dont say u have to be realistic here but a little more kills would help to balance the thing. Or u will have high level armies in no time.
I think 30 % dead is a good start.

Millita is easy to keep alive, just heal them with priests and ur troops with potions.

ibukovec
05-20-2009, 07:34 AM
We've gone back-and-forth over casualties. We have a lot of new players who suffered very heavy casualties, and thought that by lessening deaths we would help them out, and retain more players. The developers will discuss casualties again, because you make a good point.

Dont forget the dmg calculations in battle, doing 50 HP in deffence and 300 hp dmg in attack is strange. U should always do the same dmg in attack and in deffence. Just if u attack u do it first and the survivors retaliate. U just have to adjust the dmg a little, attacks do sometimes to much dmg.

This is a strategy game and i seriously doubt u will get "normal" players here. At least at this point of development. U should decrease attacks at ur citys a little and focus more on movment encounters (and how to catch them). I fight every 3rd turn in this game and im afraid to leave my city defenceless to attack someone. So i dont know how this will work when u have losses in the field.

Eudrick
05-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Don't fear. Your city is never unguarded. If you are out and about and your city gets attacked the enemy will be proportional to your milita. Usually a quick little battle (10-12 turns) and only your milita gets the experience.

ibukovec
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I noticed a lot more dmg from retaliation attacks. Its nice to see such a change, but is it at purpose or is it a bug? If its on purpose dont forget to decrease the armys attacking towns a little (goblins for sure) or we are dead.
Casulty calc also changed i see, more deads now. I have to heal more.

Merlin
06-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I bumped up Titan and Giant attack damage a little, but nothing has changed in the casualty code. I did change the damage code, about five times, before I was satisfied with it, though, so I may have made it more "right" than it was.

Eudrick
06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
You can lessen the number of attacks on you city if you use up all your regional moves before taking your next world turn. If you see an army homing in on your city at the end of your regional moves you'll still have time on the next turn to deal with it outside of your city if you wish.

ibukovec
06-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I bumped up Titan and Giant attack damage a little, but nothing has changed in the casualty code. I did change the damage code, about five times, before I was satisfied with it, though, so I may have made it more "right" than it was.
My Heavy Infantry had verry little dmg after an attack like 40 or 50 from attacking another inf uinit. Now i have around 200 dmg from the same thing. My Heroes have the same problem:
Esmour attack: Infantry suffered 80 hits.
Infantry defense: Esmour suffered 87 hits.
A few days ago i would have no dmg or 10-20 its with my hero max.

I fought the Titans and it was nice at last. No more easy equipment coming now. I real had to think to win this one. Well done.

You can lessen the number of attacks on you city if you use up all your regional moves before taking your next world turn. If you see an army homing in on your city at the end of your regional moves you'll still have time on the next turn to deal with it outside of your city if you wish.

Something changed in the regional turn. I have a lot of random encounters, at least 1 until i use up all my move. And i still get hit in my city.

Merlin
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the random city attacks. You shouldn't get any if all your turns are used up, or have a tiny chance of an attack (1%).

ibukovec
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the random city attacks. You shouldn't get any if all your turns are used up, or have a tiny chance of an attack (1%).

I guess its due to the fact that i have 2 army groups. 1 is moving arround and the other is at home (In the city). So this is the reason i guess why im getting hit in my city also.

Merlin
06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
If the second group is not in your city region, then that is the reason. If your city region is at turn 0, there is a 25% chance of a city attack.