PDA

View Full Version : Strange Jump in army size.

Morlicar
02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I just hit end-turn; had a fight with some trolls, beat them back and started on my "11 Febraria 1126 Q.J." turn.

I check my City Tab and see the following oddities:
Army 310 soldiers +200

Armor 284.9 GP -1,460.2
Weapon 2,430.8 GP -795.4
Bow 4,657.2 GP -4,500.0

However, I did not build any new units. I should have 110 men in my army. I have checked my totals in the Unit tab and they are correct (i.e. equal to 110) there. Some of the other numbers seem a bit off as well; for instance, I think my maintenance costs jumped.

Merlin
02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I would guess the army size counted your militia as well as your regular troops. I will exclude militia from those calculations.

Morlicar
02-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I just checked. According to the City Tab, I have 171 individuals in my militia. The militia may be part of the 200, but not all of it. I've made no changes nor taken another turn since I noticed this issue; in case looking at the data files will help diagnose the issue.

Let me know if this precaution on my part is not needed.

Merlin
02-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Your militia is rounded up when it is generated for a battle. Dwarves have 40 per unit, so since your militia is over 160, it will be rounded up to 5 units of 40 -- 200 militia.

Go ahead and play on... I'm more interested in making sure my fix doesn't break something else! (It's a small change, so I doubt that it will.)

Morlicar
02-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Thank you for the clarification.

I will keep an eye out for possible side effects.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I'm enjoying the game. (I wouldn't bother with reporting bugs (real or imagined :)) if the game did not have good bones, so to speak)

Merlin
02-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Thank you for the clarification.

I will keep an eye out for possible side effects.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I'm enjoying the game. (I wouldn't bother with reporting bugs (real or imagined :)) if the game did not have good bones, so to speak)

We can tell... You have been very persistent. There will be a whole new paradigm of game play introduced in a week or two. We hope that you will be even more entertained then!

And thanks for the vote of confidence. We have worked really hard to make the game have an incredible amount of depth for the hard-core player.

Morlicar
02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I've run through several turns and am now in the 10 Junia 1126 Q.J. turn.

I've had several database error screens occur; I forgot to document the turns that they occurred on but my memory says that it was at the turning of the month (or thereabouts). Refreshing the screen brings the game back, but with the date 1 turn after I expect (I was expecting 3 Junia 1126 Q.J., this turn)

The oddity I noticed is that my City tab has not changed in the course of these turns. I'm guessing that the DB error has something to do with it.

Edit: I look forward to the update.

Merlin
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Yep, I had about 100 error reports that came in while I was sleeping. I resolved that, and all should be good now.