PDA

View Full Version : Treasure is apparently calculated incorrectly.

Morlicar
01-29-2009, 10:41 PM
My treasure has been going negative and I don't understand why. When I sum up all treasure outlays on my City-->Details page, I come up with 151.1 units. I have 1 mineral mine producing 40 and 2 Jeweler's producing 200.

From those numbers, I would assume that my City-->Summary would say that I had +88.9 units of Treasure and I'd be accumulating a profit.

Instead, it shows -151.1 units for this turn. It is as though my mine and jewelers were producing nothing, though the city--Details page indicates they are.

I think this has been going on for several turns; but I didn't do the math until this turn, so cannot be sure.

Merlin
01-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Look at the Unit > Combat page. There is a maintenance section. Your 1st Infantry costs 1.5 g.p. of treasure each, for 30 g.p. per month total. That cost may be excessive -- you should be able to support your small army with your city income. We'll have a close look at it, and see if we should adjust it.

Morlicar
01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I knew the units had maintenance, but I assumed that the costs were a percentage of the purchase costs; and since none of my units needed Treasure to purchase them I didn't look any further.