PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quick Question

ZBrand
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Wow, nice to see something like this online, I've been a big fan of the original since waaay back in the day, thanks for making this! Anyhow, I'm trying things out here and I have 2 issues:

1.) After my first combat, my Cavalry unit is pretty beat up. But how do you reinforce a unit :eek:? I've only been able to find the create new unit even after looking through the help.

2.) Is there a way to interrupt combat on a certain turn? I was caught aback by how fast dwarves can move, would have done better if I could have reversed orders earlier in the first few turns. By the way, there also seemed to be a bug in the turn order where if militia become dispersed while in the process of entrenching, the game gets stuck on the current turn; it's not a game breaker because simply switching to a valid command fixes it, but it was noticeable when turn 22 came up a third time before I figured out what happened.

Merlin
01-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Wow, nice to see something like this online, I've been a big fan of the original since waaay back in the day, thanks for making this! Anyhow, I'm trying things out here and I have 2 issues:

1.) After my first combat, my Cavalry unit is pretty beat up. But how do you reinforce a unit :eek:? I've only been able to find the create new unit even after looking through the help.

2.) Is there a way to interrupt combat on a certain turn? I was caught aback by how fast dwarves can move, would have done better if I could have reversed orders earlier in the first few turns. By the way, there also seemed to be a bug in the turn order where if militia become dispersed while in the process of entrenching, the game gets stuck on the current turn; it's not a game breaker because simply switching to a valid command fixes it, but it was noticeable when turn 22 came up a third time before I figured out what happened.
1. In the Equip list, there is a "Number" text box, which can be changed (to larger values). This is the equivalent of Reinforce/Disband.

2. I would have never found that problem! It will be fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback!

ZBrand
01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I took another look and some more stuff came up, let's hope this doesn't become too common :).

First, I tried advancing a month's worth of game time and the message says I have a new turn coming up in roughly -1000000 seconds, is there a limit on turns per day or did I do something wrong?

The other things, which may also be due to misunderstanding, are related to how to manage resources. I'm trying to import food, so I type in '1000' in the import column and save. It shows up, and two towns are listed to trade with, but the dropdown by them has two blanks, a real blank and 'NaN', neither of which give me a price to pay.

The other issue was trying to refit the troops as you described, and I think this could be a bug: I typed in a new number of bowmen, upping from 15 to 20, but it was counting the total cost of their bows against me instead of the difference (have 400 bow points in stock, but it said the cost was over 1000, which is right if it counts all 20 Heavy X-Bows instead of the 5 I would be adding). Couldn't figure out a workaround for this, so thanks in advance!

Merlin
01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm going to blame the first two problems on a server or network error for now, but I will investigate both.

The cost shows the total. When you save, only the difference will be charged. That should be made clearer, such as having a Cost column and a Change column there.

Morlicar
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
With regard to the "Next turn in -100000 seconds" issue that ZBrand is having, I have a similar issue. For the last several days, whenever I sign in, I get a similar message. Currently it tells me, "Next turn in -265910 seconds." I was about to start a thread about it when I noticed Zbrand's comment.

Merlin
01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
If you let the page sit for (exactly) one minute, does it change to "Next Turn"?

Morlicar
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
I cannot speak for ZBrand, but this is my experience...

If you mean, does the screen refresh on its own with the Next Turn button, then No.

I've also manually refreshed the screen after a minute and the "Next turn in -279502 seconds." remains. (the number usually changes and the absolute value always seems to increase)

Finally, after a minute passed, I tried going from the Aragon menu to the City menu and back, and the "Next turn in -279502 seconds." remains

Merlin
01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Both problems related to the Next Turn should be fixed. The time interval was wrong in the javascript, and the one minute update was broken.

ZBrand
01-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Yep, turns work fine now!

I'm still having trouble with the troops and trade though. I can confirm that for bows at least, it's not working off difference. I just tried adding a single bowman and get 'you can't save, don't have enough bows', and when I put it down to 15 men again, I got the same message even though that's the amount I started with. As for trade, I just can't figure out how to actually get the trade part working, I need to import food so I don't keep losing people.

Merlin
01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
When you look at the equip section, at the bottom is a list of your "stores", which are the g.p. amounts of each store that you have in your city. During play-testing, we allow those numbers to go negative, which is what has happened with your Bow stores, I'd guess. I also verified that adding recruits only costs the difference between the before and after.

Merlin
01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
The trade screen has been fixed. I don't know why it was designed to look at the export and import quantities for the player trade, but I also revised that so you can trade anything you have, regardless of the automatic settings. (Those are used to limit trades initiated by NPCs, so they don't take more of something than you are willing to trade.)