PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

Tarm
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello.

Battle questions.

Does AI on or off actually do anything? In the battles I've fought I sometimes have no control over my units. If I want to give them orders myself what should I choose? Does it have anything to do with if the orders box is grey?

Is there a delay before bowmen shoots?
Sometimes they dont shoot for many turns and then suddenly shoot more than ones.

What is happening when suddenly the combat turns jumps and I miss giving orders for a couple of them?
It's not fun planning a tactic, pressing next turn, suddenly a whole lot of turns have gone by and my troops are in tatters from the enemies attacks.

General questions.

How do I know the season when I start a new game?
My first game started in early winter I think. The population was down to under 300 before I actually was able to feed them all.

Can you please delete my latest game. I'm stuck in the first battle where I had all of the above mentioned battle problems so I'm very frustrated and want to start a new game.

Sword of Aragon is my favourite game of all time so I'm thrilled about playing it online. My first game was'nt bad except for the food thing.
So I really want to start again with a somewhat better start. ;)

Merlin
09-23-2008, 12:48 AM
The AI On/Off does work. Selecting AI On, for instance, turns it on. When AI is on, the bow is grayed out and the text is blue. These HELP pages will explain some of it, though it is probably out of date a bit. http://aragon-online.net/aragon/aragon.php?tab=20

Sometimes in a battle, two turns may go by before your units can act. That is normal, as the game will progress through turns until you have initiative.

Seasons do not affect anything at this point, so that was not why your city suffered.

I'll delete your existing game immediately. I hope the next one goes better!

Merlin
09-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Another thing about AI: Your militia starts with AI On, all the rest with AI Off. If you want to manage your militia, turn their AI Off.

Tarm
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the answers and deleting my current game. :)

I noticed the Militia AI. I'm not 100% sure but I think I turned it off in my first game but they still moved. Ah well. Militia AI on or off doesnt matter that much.

What I dont like, yet, is initiative. I guess it takes some time getting used to.

One more thing. Is the Help section available when you're fighting a battle? I looked but couldnt find it.

Merlin
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
HELP should always be available. It's at the far right of the menu bar. I'll check that out and make sure it is there when fighting the first battle.