PDA

View Full Version : can't seem to conquer another town?

Atharan
08-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Every time i win the battle, it says the invasion is unsuccessfull...why?

Merlin
08-24-2008, 12:55 AM
There was a bug in the code that caused the invader to always lose. That is fixed. But the design of this game won't let you take the city, but you will get a bunch of their wealth as spoils when you win.

ibukovec
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Cant attack a town, I went on it hit tactical window and nothing. What did i wrong?

Merlin
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I'll have to check that out. What you did should work.

ibukovec
05-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I still cant attack another town. Now im at Sur Nova. My troops can move at turn 2, but i can hit next turb as often as i want it stays at turn 0.

Merlin
05-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Go back to region, move out, then back into the city. I think I fixed it.

ibukovec
05-25-2009, 09:19 AM
It worked, but arent i suppose to be able to steal something from there? And the Battle result is strange:
Defended your city against a army. You gained a total of 2,420,635 experience. Experience bonus 115%
Your City Loyalty decreased by 9!
Your win-loss increased by 1.1

Theobald gained 1 level!
Cavalry gained 1 level!
1st. Bows gained 1 level!
Your spoils are 526.6 armor, 400.4 weapon, 13,185.0 magic.
You recovered 1 Huge Leather +1, 1 Huge +1, 1 Huge Sword +1, 1 Spear +1, 1 Huge Mace +1, 1 Huge +1, 1 Huge +1, 1 Huge Mace +1, 1 Spear +2, 1 Spear +1.

It says i defended the city. I killed all the heroes there (10 or so) so i got a lot of stuff, but where is wood, metal, food....

Merlin
05-25-2009, 04:27 PM
That's odd. The battle was marked correctly as an invasion, but somewhere along the way you were marked as the defender. (That's why you didn't get the spoils from the city.) We'll work on a correction.

rwaller1
08-28-2009, 06:31 AM
I can't even leave my town in Regional map. the Options are only NONE with a gray background? Any thoughts?

Eudrick
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Do you have movement points left? Have you tried going to the Aragon level and taking a world turn?

rwaller1
08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I get the same thing in the Aragon level as well. I have never been able to move that I can remember.

Eudrick
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok let me clarify. After the greyed out 'none' box is a number. That number is the number of turns taken. If it's maxed then you can't move again until you take a world turn on the aragon level. At the bottom of the regional action menu it will say insufficient movement. That's your clue. Go to Aragon level and press next turn. If this isn't the problem then Merlin will have to peek and poke as I don't have access to the nuts and bolts.

You might also want to drop down to the tactical map on the off chance you got a battle that you missed the notification for. Although this is pretty unlikely.

Moriority
08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
At the point of game play when the player runs out of Region Turns, we do say "Insufficient Turns", but offers no advice. When the Region Turns do time out and Insufficient Turns appears at the bottom of the screen, we should either have a tool tip expanation. Since I'm lazy, I'd like to see a Link Button next to Insufficent Turns that I could click and I'd go right into the Aragon map/time reality with the default would be set to Next Turn. I know,
this takes up programming resources but will eliminate one more WTF moment in the game.

While I'm harrassing Merlin to whip up some more magic, I like to see a series of easy "link-explantions". Such as, "You do not have enough food!" Hit a link and you go to the Development page with the default set to develop agriculture. Same with most of the cautionary messages that let the player know there is a problem but doesn't say what to do about it. Does anyone else see places where a direct link would better explain a confusing portion of the game?

Moriority