PDA

View Full Version : mount overstack bug??

quiritus
05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I inadvertitely put 25 med horse+25 chain mail in a cavalry unit: overstack correctly but i can' t delete the new wrong equipement. every time i save return the 25 med+35 chain mail

Merlin
05-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Change the Number of guys in the unit to about 15, or set your Mount equipment to None? I'll check that, and see what is happening.

quiritus
05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Change the namber of guy, then change the equipment, then report the number of men to 25 is ok. change only the equipment even to none don't work

Merlin
05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I couldn't make the equipment screen misbehave. I changed a cavalry unit to 25 men, then equiped them with 25 horse to make them over-stacked. I changed their number to 15, and saved them just fine.

Merlin
05-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I lookeds at your units, and you have two infantry units over-stacked, but no cavalry. You should be able to reduce the Number on the equipment tab to resolve the stacking problem without changing your equipment. Or, I can't figure out what is going wrong.

quiritus
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM
When you check my unit I resolv the proble with cav to represent with inf:)

The problem is this:

I can't change the equipment to resolve ovestacking: the only thing that i can do is change the number of men to reduce the stack, after that change the equipment and finally report the number of man to the original number now with different equipment and so not in overstack: i can't, when in overstack, change only the equipemnt to resolve it

Moriority
05-08-2008, 03:57 AM
I think we need to create a visual device to show the player how the changes that they make in terms of equipping, or numbers or numbers of mounts, will affect things like stacking size and movement rate. I know the player would have to submit each change with a SAVE to get the differing stacking and movement numbers but at least the player will know how decisions affect othe aspects of the unit's capabilities.

Moriority

quiritus
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Moriority you have my vote:)

quiritus
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I've played the old Sword and so i know that equipment influenced the stack. but maybe that sameone new of the sistem don't manage that

Merlin
05-10-2008, 01:05 AM
It apparently doesn't handle stacking very well, yet. Maybe I can fix that up this weekend.