PDA

View Full Version : My Review

IvoryStar
03-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Help us out by posting your feedback about the game here. We want kudos for something you think is great, reports of stupid little, or big, bugs, and any complaining you want to do. Yes we really do want that.

Hey,

It’s me. I’ve looked over your game. Please correct me if state anything that’s dead wrong.

I like the idea of your game…. But… it has been done before so if you want to become a massive multiplayer game you need to expand on this idea.

Is this game in beta?

Well anyway….

First I’m going to pick on your forums. :-P

I would request that there would be more sub-forums.

You have a Role-Playing Game forum, why not make a Role-Playing Forum; you could even separate that forum in the future if it is successful? For example: Separate it into a Free-For-All forum for god-moders to release there frustration in full blown war, and a Fantasy Role-Playing forum where people can have fake lives and adventures.

Since I am an artsy fartsy person I’d want an art section. A section so people could post there arts. Rather it is music, painting, whatever. And a section people could post images they’d like to be put on the game. Improving the arts of your graphic artist, that way you can find the hidden talents of your players.

There may be other sections that would be good to add but I’m not putting too much thought into it.

Oh, and I hate the emotions. Get better ones. :-P

I would like a help box or something. I have the intelligence of an average noob. Above average depending on the age group….

But I had a problem…

In the forming of my infantry; I kept getting an error message and I don’t know why. I don’t know if I didn’t read it right or what.

I would have loved it if I had someplace I could ask. Or somewhere I could read more about it. I don’t know. I guess I could have gone to the forum, but, I didn’t. I just left. And that’s what a noob would do if they got and error they didn’t understand.

I know thats why you made your little guide box. But.... it wasn't very helpful to me....

Maybe it was a bug though? I couldn’t tell you what the message was. It was Sunday when I got it.

It was on a white screen.

IvoryStar
03-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh and your default settings for this fourm is that it doesn't show any topics thats over a month old? I'm sure you can change that.

It isn't good. Expecially while this fourm is sooooo slow. You can change it when it speeds up. But not now.

A lot of people are more or less stupid. (No offence to anyone.)

But they wouldn't know how to see the other topics if they wanted to and they'd be surffing threw an empty fourm. (How boring...)

IvoryStar
03-05-2008, 03:01 AM
I know I'm spamming my topic and your fourm but I had one more thought. This is my last one. I really need to go.

Why not gain wealth posting? Its a crazy Idea and there is no logical reason for it but it would encourage people to post and interact and it would help them gett nicer things for their kingdom?

It just thought it made a tiny bit of since because your wealth is shown on your post.

None of my suggestions are manditory.

I have no idea how you have the math setup for your economy. So I'll hush.

IvoryStar
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
You can scratch a bunch of what I said.

I found the HELP button.

Merlin
03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
You can scratch a bunch of what I said.

I found the HELP button.I'll start at the bottom. If it had mentioned the HELP menu in the tip, would you have seen it earlier?

Merlin
03-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I know I'm spamming my topic and your fourm but I had one more thought. This is my last one. I really need to go.

Why not gain wealth posting? Its a crazy Idea and there is no logical reason for it but it would encourage people to post and interact and it would help them gett nicer things for their kingdom?

It just thought it made a tiny bit of since because your wealth is shown on your post.

None of my suggestions are manditory.

I have no idea how you have the math setup for your economy. So I'll hush.That's an interesting idea, but wouldn't that encourage a bunch of nonsense posts? Maybe a system where you get Wealth for posts that meet some criteria, such as being helpful to us or other players? I'll give that some thought. I should give you 1,000 wealth for these thoughts. Thanks. ;)

Merlin
03-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Oh and your default settings for this fourm is that it doesn't show any topics thats over a month old? I'm sure you can change that.

It isn't good. Expecially while this fourm is sooooo slow. You can change it when it speeds up. But not now.

A lot of people are more or less stupid. (No offence to anyone.)

But they wouldn't know how to see the other topics if they wanted to and they'd be surffing threw an empty fourm. (How boring...)

I changed to display all threads. Our most active forum is the hidden development one. If you're going to help out here, like you already have, I'll give you access to it.

Merlin
03-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey,

Itís me. Iíve looked over your game. Please correct me if state anything thatís dead wrong.

I like the idea of your gameÖ. ButÖ it has been done before so if you want to become a massive multiplayer game you need to expand on this idea.We have some ideas about expanding on the idea, quite a lot.

Is this game in beta?Yes, it is.

Well anywayÖ.

First Iím going to pick on your forums. :-P

I would request that there would be more sub-forums.

You have a Role-Playing Game forum, why not make a Role-Playing Forum; you could even separate that forum in the future if it is successful? For example: Separate it into a Free-For-All forum for god-moders to release there frustration in full blown war, and a Fantasy Role-Playing forum where people can have fake lives and adventures.

Since I am an artsy fartsy person Iíd want an art section. A section so people could post there arts. Rather it is music, painting, whatever. And a section people could post images theyíd like to be put on the game. Improving the arts of your graphic artist, that way you can find the hidden talents of your players.

There may be other sections that would be good to add but Iím not putting too much thought into it.

Oh, and I hate the emotions. Get better ones. :-P
That's why I contacted you! We really need an artistic team member. For instance, emoticons that look like knights and damsels and trolls would be cool.

At one time, I had a whole Role-playing section, similar to what you described. But we never got any role-players to post here, so I hid them. (They remained empty for a long time.)

I would like a help box or something. I have the intelligence of an average noob. Above average depending on the age groupÖ.

But I had a problemÖ

In the forming of my infantry; I kept getting an error message and I donít know why. I donít know if I didnít read it right or what.

I would have loved it if I had someplace I could ask. Or somewhere I could read more about it. I donít know. I guess I could have gone to the forum, but, I didnít. I just left. And thatís what a noob would do if they got and error they didnít understand.

I know thats why you made your little guide box. But.... it wasn't very helpful to me....

Maybe it was a bug though? I couldnít tell you what the message was. It was Sunday when I got it.

It was on a white screen.An update that I made on Sunday may have been the problem. It was fixed Monday morning. (The weather here was really nice, so I HAD to barbecue!)

Thanks very much for all your comments.

IvoryStar
03-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I'll start at the bottom. If it had mentioned the HELP menu in the tip, would you have seen it earlier?

I donít believe the HELP button would have been much help considering it was a bug. :-P And the only reason I noticed the help button was because the tip box told me to refer to it.So, I think you're okay.

IvoryStar
03-06-2008, 01:49 AM
That's an interesting idea, but wouldn't that encourage a bunch of nonsense posts? Maybe a system where you get Wealth for posts that meet some criteria, such as being helpful to us or other players? I'll give that some thought. I should give you 1,000 wealth for these thoughts. Thanks. ;)

Yes, I never thought of that. I guess it's not such a great idea.

And that would be nice. But you don't have too, its what I do.

Thank you for taking my ideas in consideration.

IvoryStar
03-06-2008, 01:51 AM
I changed to display all threads. Our most active forum is the hidden development one. If you're going to help out here, like you already have, I'll give you access to it.

Ok. :)

And sure.

IvoryStar
03-06-2008, 01:57 AM
We have some ideas about expanding on the idea, quite a lot.

Yes, it is.

That's why I contacted you! We really need an artistic team member. For instance, emoticons that look like knights and damsels and trolls would be cool.

At one time, I had a whole Role-playing section, similar to what you described. But we never got any role-players to post here, so I hid them. (They remained empty for a long time.)

An update that I made on Sunday may have been the problem. It was fixed Monday morning. (The weather here was really nice, so I HAD to barbecue!)

Thanks very much for all your comments.

Alright.

And, sure I never made emoticons that looks like real faces before.

And That's awful... Role-Playing, like real role-playing is a lost art.

I love it personally. I used to do it all the time.

BTW: What age level is this game targeted?

And you're welcome. Like I said thank you for taking them into consideration!

Merlin
03-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Alright.

And, sure I never made emoticons that looks like real faces before.

And That's awful... Role-Playing, like real role-playing is a lost art.

I love it personally. I used to do it all the time.

BTW: What age level is this game targeted?

And you're welcome. Like I said thank you for taking them into consideration!I really like role-playing on forums. I tend to be into threads that die, though, for some reason. Do you have some friends that would role-play with you here? I'll reenable the forums if there's any interest.

Ages: Anything above 13 works for me.

IvoryStar
03-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Yes. I just invited one.

I'll get some more.

I also got another suggestion by one of them. They asked if you would make a darker fourm layout?

I'm not sure if that's possible. But it would be great if you could.

Edit:

I tthink the first post in the RP fourm should be rules and format.

Would you like me to post them? Or would you like to?

Merlin
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes. I just invited one.

I'll get some more.

I also got another suggestion by one of them. They asked if you would make a darker fourm layout?

I'm not sure if that's possible. But it would be great if you could.

Edit:

I tthink the first post in the RP fourm should be rules and format.

Would you like me to post them? Or would you like to?If you'd like to post something in the RP forum, I'll stick it to the top. Thanks!

I can make any theme at all. Darker, as in white text on black? Personally, I hate that, but users can choose their own theme. I'll look at that when I have time -- it will probably make most of the graphics look bad.

Merlin
03-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I added a dark theme called "Dark Magic". I'm not completely happy with it, but it's usable as it is.