PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Aragon (orginal) Tips

Guilty_Biscuit
04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Does anyone have any tips for the original single player game? Including things like the cash cow Xfanta raids?

The game doesn't tell you which type of hero you are placing during the battle deployment phase, it just gives you their name. As remembering perfectly can be tricky when you have a number of heroes I name all of my heroes by convention. E.g all priests names begin with 'P' all warriors with 'W' etc. It makes deployment much less risky. No Mages heading up your front line etc !

Merlin
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
The Xafanta cash-cow thing is one bug that wasn't caught during development.

Cadillacmike
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Why some people feel the need to bastardize the original game design by doing this (repeated xfanta raids) on what was designed to be a friendly city) is beyond me. There is no need for that. If you wan to stomp someplace go wipe trollhome instead.

By the way, even After wiping out trollhome, i Still get trolls attacking SurNova once in a while. I'm forced to keep about 4-6 80 man units units plus a high level priest to keep the place from getting sacked. They still manage to get in the walls and loot occasionally. I'd have to fill the city with troops to prevent that.

Doesn't really affect the main army which I limit to 16 units and 16 heroes., but it does increase maintenance costs!

Now the bad elves are another story entirely, go wipe them out to your hearts content. Don't overstack mages on deployment or else they will be targeted and possibly killed in round 1 of the battle. Instead, double stack your knights and warriors with a unit (2 knights and 1 cav and 2 warriors and 1 inf). These highest stacks will get targeted and these guys and the cav or plate equipped inf can take the punishment. that way you can leave your mages single stacked (and hidden behind some tall trees) so they won't die before the you get your first turn. On your 1st turn use 3 priests to cure as needed, the 4th to prayer, use the mages to disintegrate or gate in new demons or trolls and have at it.

I always run as a ranger, with the main hero group of (eventually ) 16, 4 each of Rangers, mages and priests, 2 warriors and 2 knights. The 4 remaining heroes (priests possibly rangers) garrison gernok, surnova, zarnix and possily char.

The main army is eventually 4 (80) inf with plate and halberd, 4 (80) bow with compound bow, 4 (30) cav with med horse and 4 (40 or 45) horse bow with compound bow. Cities get inf with mail, spears and shields. Up to 80 to allow sseveral leaders to stack if needed. Mounted inf is a waste of money. Usually by Zarnix i have all 16 units, with the inf and bow in the 60s (can't add too many at once or exp will plummett!).

This was and is a great game.

MariaDMarin
10-28-2014, 07:33 AM
I always race with the power to get the most powerful one big city, it also helps to gain more recruits only after every game (about 10- 15 Soldiers)
offgamers (http://www.offgamers.com/)