PDA

View Full Version : Overly agressive enemy units???

yhanno
08-07-2011, 08:28 PM
This is part of my messages from a recent battle. This was only the third or fourth tactical turn BTW, and obviously fools rush in. I have seen this several times in recent days and it always helps me out for the whole battle to score such a massive victory very early in a battle.

Everbert, Richy, Wirell, yhanno, Henchman 2, 2d Bow, Lgt Cross Bow I, 1st Mtd Bow, Mtd Inf w/Bow, 1st HVY Cav, 2d Mtd Bow attack: Cavalry suffered 684 hits and was eliminated!.

I'm sure it is hard to judge just how aggressive to make the enemy armies but perhaps some testing of the water needs to be done prior to a serious attempt to broach lines. Heck, I'm totally lost as to how AI works at all. Must be fascinating stuff! (I could write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74...LOL).

Merlin
08-07-2011, 09:55 PM
LOL. I managed to skip learning COBOL. AI is really tricky to get right. This code works pretty well, but there are some problems, at times. I don't want the AI to "know" anything more than the player would know (considered a "cheating" AI in a game).

MariaDMarin
10-13-2014, 06:52 AM
This is part of my messages from a recent battle. This was only the third or fourth tactical turn BTW, and obviously fools rush in. I have seen this several times in recent days and it always helps me out for the whole battle to score such a massive victory very early in a battle.

Everbert, Richy, Wirell, yhanno, Henchman 2, 2d Bow, Lgt Cross Bow I, 1st Mtd Bow, Mtd Inf w/Bow, 1st HVY Cav, 2d Mtd Bow attack: Cavalry suffered 684 hits and was eliminated!.

I'm sure it is hard to judge just how aggressive to make the enemy armies but perhaps some testing of the water needs to be done prior to a serious attempt to broach lines. Heck, I'm totally lost as to how AI works at all. Must be fascinating stuff! (I could write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74...LOL).
write you a dandy sorting and listing program for COBOL74, pls post on this forum to follow.
offgamers (http://www.offgamers.com/)