PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the New Players!

Merlin
02-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Help us out by posting your feedback about the game here. We want kudos for something you think is great, reports of stupid little, or big, bugs, and any complaining you want to do. Yes we really do want that.

Knurt
05-08-2008, 04:32 AM
We're glad to see all of you new players. If there is any question about how to get started, how to do combat, how to operate portions of the game, let us know. Aragon Online will continue to grow, details will be filled in and the rough edges will be smoothed. So that we may put the final polish to Aragon, we will need the comments, observations and ideas of you, the pioneer Aragon players.

Moriority

Grossenfallen
09-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi from Barcelona, Spain. It's possible make a pdf manual?

The game seems good. The screens load slowly but is playable.

Merlin
09-20-2008, 05:35 AM
We don't have a PDF of the online help. Quite a few of the pages are generated dynamically out of the actual game data, so it is always accurate even when there are changes, so making a static file would risk having out of date information. We may consider that in the future, however.

Frasenberg
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I am so confused lol :/. I love the game and love the idea so I am definantly going to stay with it but I have no idea how to get started the RIGHT way. I would love to take the crash course in NOT BEING A NOOB 101- Thanks for the great support-mat

Eudrick
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Have you read the new players guide in the help section?

Eudrick
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Have you read the new players guide in the help section?
http://aragon-online.net/aragon/aragon.php?tab=8<===New Players Guide

Ranana_Jeok
07-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Hey Mike I like the new forum but I cant find were to attach an avatar, can you help me out?ThanksBobby Bartlett

wearesep73
10-31-2009, 06:36 AM
What touching words :)

Merlin
10-31-2009, 09:18 PM
What touching words :)
We get these nonsense posts occasionally. I haven't decided whether to just delete them, or leave as-is for entertainment purposes.

D.tauro
11-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Welcome to all the new players out there ... this part of the forum is just for you. Theres no such thing as a stupid question - so ask away, and Im sure one of the regular guys will chime in with an answer or three for you.

Cheers
Martin

MatthewHeckler
12-19-2009, 09:28 PM
What's up everyone, my name is Matthew. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Merlin
12-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Welcome. This section is fine.

JamesHenderson
12-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is James and I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to say hey.. I hope I posted this in the right section.. if not, mods please feel free to move it.

MelissaHudgens
12-22-2009, 10:59 PM
What's up everyone, my name is Melissa. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Merlin
12-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Most people are here to play a game. Are you here to play?

Merlin
12-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Welcome! Start an Aragon game and join us.

TimothyRayburn
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Tim and I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to say hey.. I hope I posted this in the right section.. if not, mods please feel free to move it.

BritneyHill
12-29-2009, 05:40 AM
What's up everyone? My name is Britney. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Sethra Lavode
06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
very nice indeed!
i like that although there is lots of things that affect combat terrain los morale it is easy to just move your troops and fight.
the races are good variety.
course i love that its free for now anyway... i've seen worse that charged... hell i've payed for playing MUDs (avalon) but that was a VERY deep game. several different ways to counter attacks or de-buffs. i think you could do more of that... if ya find the time...
providing different solutions to building the same race or class and then having counters to them gets a game in my head when i'm not playing it...
or you could go the diablo tactic and make lots of different item combos, providing the same effect ultimately,with the side benefit of them being online all the time...

i really like the game so far
only thing i wish i new was how to upgrade buildings? and make items...

i have lots of ideas for games(fantasy) in general if ya'd like to hear them
fantasy resume: lol
got my first DnD book in 77 (Dungeon Masters Guide) played MUDS for yrs then got in the beta for "evercrack" n shadowbane after that... now i just think about the features i want in a PERFECT game... to lazy to learn to program tho... not really big on the lore aspect more a fantasy wargamer tactician.

Eudrick
06-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Hello Sethra,
Glad to have you with us and very happy to hear that you are enjoying the game so far.
As you know the game is still in beta and upgrades are happening all the time.
The development team is always looking for new ideas and possible additions to the game.

Consider becoming a 'HERO of ARAGON', not only do you get extended turns but the equipment that you can get from a battle is of much higher quality over time. The higher the level you attain the better the stuff the enemy has, but there is a cap on non-heros as far as the level of the item obtained. Not to mention (but I will) that there enemies out there that ONLY Heros will ever see.

Merlin
06-16-2010, 01:38 AM
very nice indeed! ...

fantasy resume: lol
got my first DnD book in 77 (Dungeon Masters Guide) played MUDS for yrs then got in the beta for "evercrack" n shadowbane after that... now i just think about the features i want in a PERFECT game... to lazy to learn to program tho... not really big on the lore aspect more a fantasy wargamer tactician.
Old-time DMs abound here... Welcome to the World of Aragon.

We have no plans to charge for playing this game, so it will remain free to all. Though as Eudrick mentioned, we do have some special benefits and extra game content for Heroes!