PDA

View Full Version : Guessing verses knowing when to 'End Battle'

Orpheus
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I just fought a battle against giants or Titans and had eliminated several large clusters of them. My forces were depleted a great deal also, but the most attackers were fleeing and almost out of my territory. I could have caught and eliminated two more small groups probably. But I thought I was winning so when the option came to 'End Battle' I selected it, and found to my surprise that I had a 'Failed to defend' message. Could there be a meter indicating the relative percentage losses on both sides so calculating when to end a battle would be an easier, more certain decision.
Also, why can the attackers travel so fast over terrain that slows my forces down?

Eudrick
08-02-2011, 02:11 AM
I just fought a battle against giants or Titans and had eliminated several large clusters of them. My forces were depleted a great deal also, but the most attackers were fleeing and almost out of my territory. I could have caught and eliminated two more small groups probably. But I thought I was winning so when the option came to 'End Battle' I selected it, and found to my surprise that I had a 'Failed to defend' message. Could there be a meter indicating the relative percentage losses on both sides so calculating when to end a battle would be an easier, more certain decision. End battle will be offered at any given point in a battle, including you getting your hat handed to you (the nature of the enemy makes a BIG difference). In general press the advantage when ever it presents itself.. the more you kill the better the rewards at the end of the battle. Not to mention, (but I will) if you wait for the enemy to clear the battle field AND heal all your units that you can, it improves your chances of having a favorable out come at the end. The more you have on the battle field and fewer they have the better the ratio and the better the results!
Also, why can the attackers travel so fast over terrain that slows my forces down? THEY'S GIANTS! .. big steps at a walk and huge steps at a run. {NB: Sorry, I couldn't resist that.} Take into account that enemies may be better equipped than you, horseshoes of speed, better horses, light plus armor etc.

Merlin
08-02-2011, 02:46 AM
I like the meter idea. It will be implemented soon-ish.