PDA

View Full Version : First battle problems

Ozmono
08-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi, I set up my city and I think everything is fine however I am encountering problems in the first battle. Every tile is blue and my units aren't moving. The turn counter is on 22 now and all my units are still in their starting square.

Merlin
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Your city map didn't get created correctly. We've seen that rarely. The only option is to delete your game and restart it. What browser are you using? Do you have cookies enabled?

Ozmono
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Okay thanks I will start again than.
I was using firefox 5 with cookies enabled.

yhanno
08-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I know Merlin thoroughly researched you problem and gave you the correct information but one problem I always have is with the first turn right after the window opens which says you have been attacked. My system (using Google Chrome) will not advance automatically from that point ever. I've let the waiting cursor substitute run for half an hour and longer. But if I select and click Aragon then things move on to Turn 1 and mostly everything is fine after that. I've found that most game hang ups can be solved also by clicking on Aragon BTW.

Eudrick
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I've been digging though my play testing notes. This is a 'planned' problem. About the time we added the first of the mini quests (orcs/elves and humans/ogres) to the game we discovered that it was possible to move into two battles on the same turn and it would crash the game. Merlin rewrote the program to check for this and the delay is part of the result. At some point it'll be fixed but we figured it's a small price to pay to be able to play on.

Orpheus
08-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Righto. Understood. TY