PDA

View Full Version : Army recruits

yhanno
07-22-2011, 08:13 PM
My city has grown well (1100+ now), morale and loyalty are 100% and occasionally my militia grows by 1 or 2 sometimes more, but I don't have any recruits. Is there a way to upgrade militia to regular soldiers or to recruits and then form them into units? How do people handle this? Also, what factors determine how many militia you have. I have seen that I only have say 90+ or 102 or 3 militia in city summary but when attacked suddenly I have 4 militias each with 30 soldiers. I like the gift but what determines this? Thanks for any advice.

Merlin
07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
You would get recruits if your army was not more than some percent (10% or so) of your population. This varies with morale and loyalty. (If the US had 10% of their population in the military, there would be almost 40 million troops.)

Militia units are "rounded up" to match or exceed the actual number. You're welcome for the gift.

yhanno
07-23-2011, 12:26 AM
TY,TY good information.

Orpheus
07-30-2011, 07:49 PM
After a series of successes my army had to fight twice without rest and was really cut up by some orges. My city was over 1000 with 100%+ morale and loyalty so I conscripted some troops. Next we fought the battle below successfully.

Defended your city against a Orc army. You reduced the enemy to 38% You gained a total of 63,140 experience. Experience bonus 164%
Your Chivalry increased by 5!
City Morale is at maximum!
City Loyalty is at maximum!
Your win-loss increased by 1.6

1st Bows: 2 killed.
1st SOG: 19 killed.
Short Bows: 16 killed.
Oneg gained 1 level!
Your spoils are 125.4 armor, 27.8 weapon, 82.3 bow, 70.3 horse.
You recovered 1 Potion: Healing.

By now my army was down to less than 50. But I had 5 militias in the last battle.

When I checked my city I had almost 2000 people and 54 recruits plus a gain in militia. I used all the recruits to supply weak units and did a turn (at world level). When I looked at my city agaain it was over 2000 and I had 12 more recruits. So, there is some info about when you get recruits. I don't think I had ever gotten any before.

Eudrick
07-31-2011, 02:45 PM
As population grows so will your recruit pool, as long as your army remains below a certain level relative to your population AND assuming your city stats are good.

yhanno
08-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I had a disastrous series of battles (4) without even one turn of rest between them and my army was totally annihilated in the last one. I had 0 soldiers, but my city, now 1700+, gave me 50+ recruits two turns in a row and growth continued. Also, Morale and Loyalty stayed at 100%. My army won the 1st three battles by large margins but the fourth came when it was too depleted to defend.

Eudrick
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Make sure to take time between battles to heal. Don't jump into the next battle right away if you don't have to Don't move your army (regionally) until their stats are recovered, this also gives time to refresh spells. Additionally, if you have them, use cure and heal spells and potions to fully max out your units before leaving the tactical battle. In other words don't end the battle until everybody that you can heal has been. Of course, if the enemy is attacking you in waves, then all you can do is the tactical healing.

yhanno
08-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I was taking world turns. I like these turns because I can see my city growing quickly. The down side is that you can get battles frequently. If you have one turn without a battle everyone is healed and most of the time you get that ONE turn at least. I have gotten 8-10-maybe a couple of more ( I wasn't counting.) turns without having a battle. How many region turns must you take to have a world turn? Seems like I get an attack every 3-6 regional turns anyhow. But I will wait a couple of turns to see if my forces will heal before ending the battle. And I will use what spells and potions I have also. Thanks.

Eudrick
08-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Well, that's kinda complicated and kinda easy too. You get about 6-8 world turns in a row without battles until you time out on the world level. There's no X number of turns on each level to bump the upper level, it's purely a clock function. And the easy part... you catch a battle on a world turn: drop to regional to heal up or even tactical ( if you have the spells and potions).

Merlin
08-02-2011, 02:45 AM
There is a (secret) percent chance that you'll have a battle on the Aragon level (a city invasion). It depends on how many region turns you've taken.

Orpheus
08-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Is the secret percentage also governed by a random function of some type?

Merlin
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
There is some randomness. It considers several factors also, as discussed.

Orpheus
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks. I thought so because I haven't seen a pattern developing. That keeps it interesting.

w00d
07-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I am having trouble growing . My population is loyal, morale is high both over 90%. Health is at 90% but my population stays relatively constant.

Been 3 months and i have no new recruits and yet my militia continue to increase. Can i draft from my militia?

Merlin
07-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Gestation of humans is 9 months. I don't know what it is for Ogres, but it should be close to that. ;) See the answers in Q&A.

MariaDMarin
10-03-2014, 01:29 AM
My city has grown well (1100+ now), morale and loyalty are 100% and occasionally my militia grows by 1 or 2 sometimes more, but I don't have any recruits. Is there a way to upgrade militia to regular soldiers or to recruits and then form them into units? How do people handle this? Also, what factors determine how many militia you have. I have seen that I only have say 90+ or 102 or 3 militia in city summary but when attacked suddenly I have 4 militias each with 30 soldiers. I like the gift but what determines this? Thanks for any advice.
you have built a big achievement. I tried on my best but not reach to your level. you are a good gamer.
offgamers (http://www.offgamers.com/)

MariaDMarin
10-27-2014, 07:05 AM
You should increased fighting to get more soldiers.
offgamers (http://www.offgamers.com/)