PDA

View Full Version : Starting screen freezes

Rising_Phoenix
07-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Hello,

I have registered an account and receive the activation email. Until then, there have been no issues. However, when I try to access the interface of the game (to create my first citiy), the browser freezes. I have tried to deactivate javascript. This results in the browser not freezing, but the game does not loads, so I am unable to play.

I am using Firefox 5.0 as browser... Is there are any workaround or solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Merlin
07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
We've had no reports of that problem. I just ran through a game start with FF 5. You need javascript, and checking the "Remember Me" box on login is a good idea.

Rising_Phoenix
07-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Javascript is activated, althrough I do have NoScript, I specified to permanently set to 'permitted' all javascript from aragon-online.net.

I have activated the remember me feature, but to no avail. I will try to disable Adblock too, but I am not sure this is the cause of the freezes.

Merlin
07-07-2011, 07:01 PM
The Adblock might be it. The page will wait while the ad loads, typically. I'll have to try that and see.

Edit: I just installed Adblock for Chrome, and the pages load just fine... I don't have any idea why it freezes for you.

Rising_Phoenix
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I was able to create my starting city. The problem, as it seems, was not a 'freeze'. It was however a considerable loading time during which the browser seemed unresponsive (this is why I had assumed it had frozen).

Merlin
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Do you have a slow connection? The graphics will get cached, so later screens will load much more quickly.

Note: Once HTML5 is more standard across browsers, those will be rendered client-side, which will speed up the loading/drawing process quite a lot. That won't help you much, today, though.

Rising_Phoenix
07-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Do you have a slow connection? The graphics will get cached, so later screens will load much more quickly.

Note: Once HTML5 is more standard across browsers, those will be rendered client-side, which will speed up the loading/drawing process quite a lot. That won't help you much, today, though.

That may be it. I have an habit of deleting the cache rather frequently.

Thanks for your time.