PDA

View Full Version : Rules???????

Nightstalker
06-04-2011, 05:21 AM
All the rules that I have read still leave large holes in my knowledge of what actually makes the game work (or not). Sometimes even when I have successful targeted units I get no results from the battle, sometimes units move as directed, sometimes they don't move at all. Sometimes a unit type will get into a tower while another time it will not. Also, the 'trade' application worked once for me but hasn't since nor several attempts before that time. I do have knowledge of the other city, I have selected an export item and quantity and have plenty of it, and saved that info. I do then select appropriately but nothing more happens. I often get a message that I must select an item to export. What needs to be done. I have acquired many goods and they are in my inventory. How can I supply my units with them? Someone help, please.

Merlin
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Pay attention to the color of the menu for units. When gray, the unit cannot act yet. This is also indicated by their clock value. Your towers are rather chaotic, which may be confusing the game. Mounted units can move through a tower, but not along walls.

Trade works, you just don't get a confirmation message. Check City > Library > Trade menu for recent trades. Your units are supplied automatically from your stores. Items you buy, such as Armor, use the appropriate stores for their creation.

Nightstalker
06-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Hmmmmm My towers follow the lines of highest contours to offer better locations for missleing. I may eliminate a few more however. I will watch those colors. And TY for the info on trades but I still get that message 'Select a good to export when i have done that.

Merlin
06-14-2011, 01:59 AM
What browser do you use?

Nightstalker
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Google Chrome

Nightstalker
06-18-2011, 08:00 PM
TY, Merlin. Take a look at my material graphs and also see that my morale is at least not negative and I have gained people. Also I now have lots of Armor, Bows, etc to better equip my forces.

I do have a question that has plagued me for weeks. There is a city next to me that says 'Annex'. I assume that if I do something appropriate it will become a part of Placidity but nothing I have tried works to accomplish this. What do I need to do? i.e. I can't develop it, I can't get it to show as a part of Placidity, when I go there the area is just barren--there are no buildings, etc. It has some natural resources that need. TYIA

Merlin
06-19-2011, 09:33 PM
On the develop screen, there are direction buttons that allow you to Annex the hex in that direction. Once annexed, the drop-down will let you select either to develop in.

Oddly, I use Chrome, and have no trouble with trade. I'll puzzle on that for a bit more, and see if I can find any reason for that behavior.