PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Wearing Conflicted Equipment

Rykoffe
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi! As a preface, I'm obviously new to town, and am not attempting in any way to nitpick the hard work done around here.

Operating System: Windows Vista
Browser: Firefox
Version: 3.6.13
Error Code (if any): None
What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time: Create my first army (after running into bug #2 below).
What happened: Bug #1: Wearing Conflicted EquipmentA troop of (drunken) heavily-armored dwarves stand watch from the dizzying tower in the midst of my city. From time to time, they vomit on passerbys, which proves to be an effective goblin deterrent.
Yes, they wear http://aragon-online.net/forums/../aragon/equip.php?r=3&t=1&i=4 http://aragon-online.net/forums/../aragon/equip.php?r=3&t=2&i=2 http://aragon-online.net/forums/../aragon/equip.php?r=3&t=6&i=2 (Mail Armor, Medium Shield, & Md Cross Bow) at the same time. From playing around with equipping my lice-ridden champions, I'm led to believe this is not supposed to happen.
This did not display any conflicts when they were being created on the 12th, so it might be that Aragon Online may have recently made Md Cross Bows incompatible with Mail and Medium Shields. If, instead, Md Cross Bows have for a long time been incompatible, then the first-time troop-generation code is a little more lenient when having newbies design their warriors. While attempting to arm these units, I noticed merely entering the equipment screen shows immediate conflicts.

They are currently still wearing the materials now, in case you need a reference (Unit Name: 1st Crossbowmen.) Edit: I'm pretty sure I can remove the conflicting gear at any time, that's not why I am reporting the bug.

A few of smaller/lesser bugs follow:

What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time: Create my first army (the first time around).
What happened: Bug #2: Random Million GP DebtA silly bug (and only loosely related), which might not be easily replicated, was at some point I was at attempting to make a stack of about a hundred dwarves as my first army, the "cost" went into the negative millions; even after clearing out all equipment and quantity of recruits (and double-checking the Costs column was empty), I couldn't even make a dent in the bar tab. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with Bug #1 other than where it happened. This thread by (http://aragon-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1699)Dessembrae (http://aragon-online.net/forums/member.php?u=2617) sounds like pretty much the same thing that happened to me.

What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time: Rely on the AI to cast spells. (Insert AI or newbie jokes here.)
What happened: Bug? #3: AI Does Not Cast or Permit TargettingIt's entirely possible I'm not doing this right as I have no idea how to run a battle; but when an AI is attempting to cast with one of my commanders, the passing of turns will grind to a halt as none of my commanders has ever completed a spell under AI control. I know it is likely waiting for an appropriate target for certain spells, like Rally. (I can command a Priest to cast Bless just fine, but the AI never lets go of that spellbook.) I thought it might be merely waiting for me to select a target, but clicking on the action only erases the spell in progress, and there is no Bolded "Cast ____" in the menu as there normally might be.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a script which hasn't been finished yet, but I thought I'd mention it. Maybe no one else has seen it before since the AI has my ruler charge headfirst (and alone) into the arms of hostile infantry, and everyone else knows better.

What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time: Navigating Aragon Online's menus.
What happened: Bug? #4Regularly, I see text at the bottom of each screen such as:

Action: show
city_world: (##, ##), unit_world: (##, ##), city_region: (##, #), unit_region: (##, #), read_only: #, unit_id: ######, race_id: #
(
[unit_id] => ######
[seq] => 0
[unit_txt] => Xxxxxxx
[player_id] => ####and so forth. (Actual data values have been blanked out in this post.) Some pages I can immediately point out which display these lines are the Unit -> Summary and Unit -> Equip pages. Not entirely sure this is a bug or intentional, but I thought I'd mention it on the safe side. It's been like this since I started, but it hasn't been a bother since it's at the bottom of the screen, and hope I don't have to start over because of it.

Merlin
02-16-2011, 02:22 AM
We'll look into each of these. The last one is a minor debugging message, and won't affect game play. The AI cast one is puzzling, as the NPCs regularly cast spells.