PDA

View Full Version : the aragon turn

quiritus
01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
when i start play aragon, there is a countdown indicator for the time before the global turn can be done. now, if still here i can't find...this give, for my point of wiew, 2 trouble

1: for new player that don't understand why they cann't go to the next week
and
2: it seem to me that every time you issue the order to close the world turn the engine roll for city battle: so i pass the turn without any indication if it' s the right time to due this and i have a high probability, if this time i choice to don't make a lot region turn, to have a battle even if in the right turn passage i avoid the random attack.

i think that or you reput the clock on view (and if is still here and i don't find, i apologise) or disability the possibility of issue the world turn order before time with a screen that remaind to player that there must be a delay time before they can go to the next week.

Merlin
01-25-2011, 01:33 AM
The countdown time was left out of the new menu system. I added that back in to the game.

quiritus
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
yes thanks but :rolleyes:...now the turn countown is on see...the weeks go on but the city economics, the army condition and everything is blocked at the moment you have implemented the new clock: ie no production, no trade, no morale adjustement and so on..you have forgot something....the button next turn in same place i thinks

Merlin
01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
My Aragon turn advances normally. I'll put this to the playtesters.

Merlin
01-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Our playtester helped find the problem that didn't appear on the test game. Everything should work normally now. Thanks for the input!

quiritus
01-26-2011, 11:47 PM
now i see the next turn button but when i it i receive this message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_eval_var() on a non-object in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/34326/domains/aragon-online.net/html/aragon/include/inc_event.php on line 889

Eudrick
01-27-2011, 02:04 AM
now i see the next turn button but when i it i receive this message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_eval_var() on a non-object in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/34326/domains/aragon-online.net/html/aragon/include/inc_event.php on line 889

Did Your turn advance anyway?
I played out the allowable number of turns once the bug was fixed and never saw this error once. What browser are you using? That might have an affect.

quiritus
01-27-2011, 06:36 AM
no the turn don't advance. 23 Julia 1361 Q.J. the last turn i played correctly, yesterday in the morning. after this every time i hit the next turn button, i receive the Fatal error and the turn is the same: 23 julia

i use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

quiritus
01-27-2011, 06:50 AM
9 Julia 1361 Q.J.Your people are very happy. There is talk that the people of Sur Nova are very unhappy with their ruler, Tzornix.
this is the last turn advance correctly, i think, yesterday in the morning (in italy). after this it seem to me there is another turn: 23 Julia 1361 Q.J when i receive: Your captain comes to give you a status report. "The magic users are out of supplies, and cannot refresh their spells completely. Perhaps quiritus should consider developing a Magician to provide more magical materials."
but with a trouble: the army heal and reload spell but the city is still at 9 julia.
after every time i receive Fatal error and the turn is still 23 julia (or 9 if the 23 message is only remainder)

i use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

Merlin
01-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Your city shows "Current Date: 6 Auguria 1361 Q.J." in the library. We'll continue to see if we can duplicate that problem, but as far as we can see, your turns are advancing normally.

quiritus
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Your city shows "Current Date: 6 Auguria 1361 Q.J." in the library. We'll continue to see if we can duplicate that problem, but as far as we can see, your turns are advancing normally.

i see this now the library say current date is Octeria stated even in the navigation menu. but every time i hit next turn i receive fatal error, even now. and if you go in the city summary you find that the situation is the same from a lot of time, the same for the army: all demoralized from last lost battle.

if i understand correctly the sistem is that the game time advance of a week every two hour but only hitting the turn the player really play: and is this that i cannot do. or maybe, the screen i receive is the old one not adjusted. i hit next turn around ten time in the last couple of day every time with fatal error. probably in the library and in the navigation menu is show the real game time. but my sceen is from same month before

in PM i send my password if you want to try hit next turn for me and see what happen

Merlin
01-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks! That allowed me to find the problem, I think. Your game is waiting for the next turn, but will probably allow one when you next logon.

Let me know!

quiritus
01-28-2011, 09:04 PM
the problem is still here^(or another). the fatal error is a little different but is here

Merlin
01-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Now it's *really* fixed. I gave you a couple of turns back. Build a Magician!

quiritus
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Now it's *really* fixed. I gave you a couple of turns back. Build a Magician!

yes thanks. i see that i high understimate the need of magic: i have 72000 in stock that go to 0 in 3 or 4 turns despite around 20000 that i'0ve buy from trade and the production of a lone magician

i' ve put 5 additional magician in costruction immediately before the trouble, they arrived now. but probably, with the massive use of magic of a mage based army i need more.

now i made around 15000 of magic every turn. but the stock is at 15000 from 3 turn: you have limited the stock to the wharehouse capacity now or what lack go to rwplenish my mages?..if so i need a LOT of magician

Merlin
01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
There is no limit to magic accumulation. I'm surprised that you use so much so quickly.

Eudrick
01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
yes thanks. i see that i high understimate the need of magic: i have 72000 in stock that go to 0 in 3 or 4 turns despite around 20000 that i'0ve buy from trade and the production of a lone magician

i' ve put 5 additional magician in costruction immediately before the trouble, they arrived now. but probably, with the massive use of magic of a mage based army i need more.

now i made around 15000 of magic every turn. but the stock is at 15000 from 3 turn: you have limited the stock to the wharehouse capacity now or what lack go to rwplenish my mages?..if so i need a LOT of magician

Warehouses, as I understand them, only store food.

Do you have a university?

You can also generate magic stock by scrapping excess weaponry and armor (plus items) from your inventory.

I'm confused by the amount of magic required to sustain your army. I have 8 (counting my main character) mages, 8 priests, 9 rangers and all my units and henchmen are weaponed and armored with +2 or +3 items (each which requires a monthly magic replenishment) and my total magic cost per month is 947. A typical battle will cost me around 6-8k in magic to replenish spells cast. My current magic stores are maxed out at 999999.9 and almost never drop. I have 4 magicians (production 9150 at 90%) and that's excessive

Have you looked at your ledger to see what is required?

quiritus
02-01-2011, 07:48 AM
i have university: as this time i try to play with a mage army i build university and 1 magician at start. i play same turn. after that, due to RL i stay out of AO for same time and resume my game sametime in december.

but from start my lone magician produce magic for my necessity and more as i have 72.000 in store at 21 mabia: at that date i fight a battle and recover 70 defense +1. i want to equip one of my unit with this, but the sistem say that i need 80000 in stock to do this and i have only 72000: so i'm sure of that number (maybe i make this same turn before of 21 mabia but this a little difference). i go to the trade in order to accelerate the disponibility of 80000 in ordeer to equip my unit. i try to buy magic directly from you in change of food but the sistem don't work. so i set food armor and every item i have over 100000 in export and magic in import. at 2 julia turn i buy around 20000 of magic in change of food. i check my magic stock and i have around 40000 (maybe there is a trouble in the trade?) i put in developement 5 more magician. at 23 julia i receive advice that my magic stock is under the needed to full replenish spell and in fact i have 1200 in stock. i made one or two battle using no spell (only cure and heal) but my magic go to -124. when i can go after the stop i made 3 turn: in the first my 5 new magician hare ready. but now (and i have fought no battle, reequip no unit, and according to ledger i pay 22 of magic mantenaince) my magic stock is 15000, when the production is 45000 and the manteinance is 66 (or 30000 if magician don't produce in the turn they are ready).

Merlin
02-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Everything looks good with your game. Your city produced 15,000 magic in the previous turn. Magicians (and all other developments) will produce in the turn after they are completed.

Eudrick
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Q: If you have the ability to do so, offer an alliance with Amber and we'll see if that loosens up trade somewhat. I've sent scouts to Bendetta to get the alliance box on my end but it might take a few turns yet.

Nightstalker
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm entering this discussion because I have a continupus problem with 'turns'. In battle after I select 'next turn' and the computer takes it turn, my forces do nothing, the program freezes. Clicking next turn or anything else is ineffective. Sometimes the error message "Error on main init page" is displayed but usually nothing. What I do is select 'Aragon'. Then the screen goes white for a second and is refreshed with all forces in place. When I now select 'next turn' play proceeds as normal. I therefor think the error in turns not being completed lies at the end of the program's turn. Some code to continue the turn is missing after the last computer force has acted.
Again, I am on Vista Pro using Google Chrome.

Merlin
07-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I made a couple of changes to resolve this, probably. Or if you wish to just play, check the "Remember Me" box when you login. That option is the way 99% of the play-testing has been done.