PDA

View Full Version : wont move

endit
01-08-2011, 04:29 AM
i just started playing Aragon acouple days ago so this may be a noob problem but it seems my units (on battle map)dont allwayz act when i tell them to do something (move, missle, ect) it seems that the enamy can git across the map and atck me before my units can even move 5 square, my units are fresh and have 100/100 stamina, is there something that im overlooking or is it a bug that is being wokred out in the beta?

Moriority
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Endit has reported a problem about troop movement. I'm not sure why this problem is coming up in your game. We have not heard this complain before. We will check your situation. What browser are you using?

Kurt

par one
01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
i often find it takes a unit two turns to "get movin" but they generally respond immediatly to attack or missle orders.

Merlin
01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Thousands of battles that have been played by the staff, and that has not been reported as a problem. Are you giving orders to all your units before clicking Next Turn?

par one
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
you guys don't have lagged movement? any heavy units i have wait one turn before moving(heavy armor). is that not normal?

Moriority
01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
I'll try to give a thorough play test. Does it seem to happen to all of the units all of the time? Are some units more likely than others to lag?

Kurt

par one
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
i think it is units with heavy armor or weapons(halbreds). even heavy cav seems to need two turns to get moving

Moriority
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Do we owe Par One and Endit a magic item? On the Region level I split my army into four forces and had them move independently. Sure enough. Sometimes and only sometimes, one of the four groups will not move though they seem poised to do so. The clock does move to the next Region turn.

I'll play with it to see if I can find a pattern.

Kurt

Eudrick
01-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Endit and Par will assuredly get some bug bounty (please let me know your race and class so I can send specific items geared to that). We may have tracked this down to part of the game, now to get it fixed. Meanwhile, although, movement isn't normal, try to work with it as best you can. If anyone wants to bail out of a battle because of this, we can do that for you. Just let us know.

par one
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
i have seen it predominantly when i first issue a move command. and only in heavy units. med cav/inf/henchmen seem to move ok. could the encumberance code be to the point where a unit needs to "store up" movement points? that's a wild guess from someone who has never programed one line in his life...

Merlin
01-10-2011, 12:30 AM
There isn't anything like that in the game, so no, it must be something else. It's likely a a collision of movement paths, I would think.