PDA

View Full Version : conscrption, loyalty, and happiness

par one
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
here's a question. i conscripted 25 men in my town so as to build another cohort in my 1st legion. and my happiness went from around 65% To like -10!!! and loyalty went to near zero! people started leaving in droves. is this a normal reaction to conscription? and if so, how does one build up an army?

Merlin
01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
We would probably not conscript so many at one time with such a small village, and make sure that Morale and Loyalty are both 90 or above when we do. You drafted about 3% of the population, kind of like taking the entire junior and senior class from high school. That's a lot of people all at once, especially since with morale of 65 your people's happiness was rather shaky anyway.

See this link, which shows that 3% of the population would be every male from 20-24 years old in modern society: http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_age.html

Moriority
01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Par One:

If you will do a little development in your city, the Morale and Loyalty numbers will spring back up. Besides, wait until the proud parents see their children in their spiffy new uniforms. You do have spiffy uniforms don't you? Poor generalship we can handle, but poor taste in fashion, never!

Anyway, play on and I'm sure the people will get over it.

Kurt

par one
01-03-2011, 12:27 AM
LOL. i love your metaphor of taking the top two classes at a high school. being a parent, i guess i would consider leaving that town!!!

ok, i'll be much more careful about conscripting, and i'll make sure their uniforms are spiffy to make the moms proud.

Eudrick
01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
The heck with the uniforms, give 'em an enlistment bonus check that only the 'rents can cash.

"WOW!!! Look at this check. Honey, let's make another son!"

Eudrick
01-03-2011, 09:43 AM
LOL. i love your metaphor of taking the top two classes at a high school. being a parent, i guess i would consider leaving that town!!!

ok, i'll be much more careful about conscripting, and i'll make sure their uniforms are spiffy to make the moms proud.
RE: my last post

Seriously, the econ part of this game (which includes the population's feelings at any given point) is pretty important, as you have seen. Ignore the city at your peril.

{posted as a warning to others. I kind of figure you got the message Par}

yhanno
08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Case in point. My city gave me 24 recruits with the population about 1700, morale and loyalty 100% and efficiency 100% with about 200 extra workers. I conscripted one additional recruit and lost .5 on loyalty and 4.5 on morale. Both were back to 100 in a few world turns and growth continued as well as before.