PDA

View Full Version : population problem

par one
01-01-2011, 04:06 PM
my population keeps going down. i had a little food issue about 20 turns back, but i fixed that now and have excess. i lowered taxes, but everyone keeps leaving. im down to 650 people, and losing more all the time. city loyalty is near zero. i keep winning battles to defend the city, but it doesn't seem to help too much.

the only thing i can think of is, i made to many developments at once, and the work force is like 500 and we need 900. am i overworking the people, so they are leaving?

Merlin
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
That would be it. You can delete excess developments in the City > Development screen, using the red "X".

Eudrick
01-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Been there done that WAAAAAAYYY paid for it. Do not take the economic portion of this game lightly lest you find yourself behind the 8-ball. See this post for MY most recent meltdown>>> http://aragon-online.net/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6921

par one
01-02-2011, 12:51 AM
yes eudrick, i did read it. it was instructional.

another question. recently i read something about how to reinforce your units with recruits after heavy battle losses. but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. i keep trying to do it though the unit menu, but can't figure it.

also, what is the difference between charge and attack? i recently "attacked" a group of archers on the steppe with cav, figured i'd roll them, but my cav took really heavy losses(which is why i was trying to rebuild them). later in that same battle, i "charged" an infantry unit with an infantry unit of my own and decimated them with minimal cost to myself. is there a good time to use one or the other? i thought charge would be good with cavalry, but seems to not be the best.

incidentally, i did reduce all my developments in city and it almost immediately fixed my problem. i had built literally 22 agricultural squares during the food crisis. it was a bit of overkill.

still loving this game

Merlin
01-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Use charge when you have a big advantage. It lowers your effective armor, but boosts your attack, so if you (think you) are going to overwhelm the enemy, charge will make it more so.

Eudrick
01-02-2011, 08:02 AM
yes eudrick, i did read it. it was instructional.

another question. recently i read something about how to reinforce your units with recruits after heavy battle losses. but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. i keep trying to do it though the unit menu, but can't figure it.

also, what is the difference between charge and attack? i recently "attacked" a group of archers on the steppe with cav, figured i'd roll them, but my cav took really heavy losses(which is why i was trying to rebuild them). later in that same battle, i "charged" an infantry unit with an infantry unit of my own and decimated them with minimal cost to myself. is there a good time to use one or the other? i thought charge would be good with cavalry, but seems to not be the best.

incidentally, i did reduce all my developments in city and it almost immediately fixed my problem. i had built literally 22 agricultural squares during the food crisis. it was a bit of overkill.

still loving this game Thanks.

Reinforcing units is done on the unit menu equip page. While in your city, pick the unit that you want to add troops to and just change the number of men to the number you want. they will automatically be added to the unit. Be aware however that there is a caveat, you have to have the necessary amount of weapon, armor, bow and horse to equip the new troops. ALSO, if you add a lot, the unit level will drop to reflect the training of the rookies.

par one
01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
ok, ill try it. thanks

par one
01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
wow, embarrassingly simple...