PDA

View Full Version : what'd i do wrong

par one
12-29-2010, 12:46 AM
tried to play a few turns. my home land got attacked by giants. they marched toward me. i surrounded them, and fired volley after volley of missiles. not ONE hit. finally they attacked, and just crushed me. dead henchmen, my units routed after sustaining heavy casualties.

i love the idea of this game. i just can't seem to get off the ground.

any ideas?

par one
12-29-2010, 01:38 AM
also, after deleting that game, i started a couple others. one crashed after i was attacked on the opening turn. it appeared my home province was all water when it went to tactical, so no one could move.

the second game was working okay. i was attacked by goblins, but after four tactical turns, even though i was clicking "next turn" it would not advance, and no one was moving. i logged out and back on, but i was still on the tactical screen. only my units had been put back to their starting positions, it still seemed to be turn four, and all the goblins had disappeared. i was still unable to advance the tactical turns or exit the combat.

Merlin
12-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Everything looks normal to me. The goblins have advanced toward your troops.

What browser are you using? Do you have cookies enabled?

par one
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
im running windows 7 home premium. yeah, it looks good, but no matter how many times i click next turn, it still shows tactical turn 4 in upper left. also, no one is moving. hmmm.

par one
12-29-2010, 07:20 PM
i did not have cookies enabled. i did enable them from your sight and it had no effect. then i rebooted, still no better

Merlin
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Your Bless Spell is ready to cast. You need to pick a target.

par one
12-30-2010, 06:12 PM
it worked! thanks merlin, that was like "magic"

wow, really bad pun, eh?

Merlin
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, sort of bad. On my list is to add a warning message for untargeted spells, as many new players seem to get bitten by that.

par one
12-30-2010, 10:52 PM
here comes another dumb question. on the regional map, i keep selecting all units and trying to move them(move to) and then clicking where i want them to go. but when i check back, their orders say NONE.

i keep messing around with this, and can't march! prob good, as i haven't gotten mauled yet, but i would like to move out. any idea what i am doing wrong?

i think this game has really great possibilities. even though i am really stumbling around, i love it.

par one
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM
also, i somehow did move my army away from my home provice after a battle. can't move towards another city on the "aragon" map, but did it after a battle, i guess. anyway, there are a few goblins, and i can't kill 'em. only have one militia. how do i end that battle. im on turn 44, i think.

par one
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM
scratch that. goblins smoked me. also, i read that you have an end battle after 50 turns. sorry. let me know about moving on the bigger map tho. i am stumped

Merlin
12-31-2010, 04:39 AM
You may want to confine yourself to your own region, and get some experience and levels before you move on to another city. Your 1 militia is toast if almost any real army attacks your city.

You can move on the region map the same as the tactical map. On the Aragon level, there is no movement.

Eudrick
12-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Trust me when I tell you this: Be a homebody until you have attained at LEAST 6th level. Fight just city battles or defend your city from one hex out (you'll see them coming in to attack on the regional map) and work on developing your city and upgrading your army's weapons and armor (buy some in the bourse!). Once you have 6th then start cruising your region keeping in mind that if you take ALL your army with you then only the militia is available to defend your city. Don't get farther away from home than 2 turns and ALWAYS take the next Aragon turn with your army IN the city (baddies have a tendency to attack at the start of a new set of regional turns). Once you've built up your army and henchmen (you get more as you progress) then you can range farther and think about leaving some of the henchmen home while you cruise for trouble.

{NB: You won't see my stats on the leader board but they're pretty impressive, over 1000 battles fought with only 11 losses, all in the 1st 4 levels. But I've started a new game too many times to count}

par one
12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
i must sound really dense, but how do you attack another city? on regional level, i don't see any other cities, just wilerness?

Merlin
12-31-2010, 03:58 PM
You'll have to journey to the other city's location. Probably a bad idea for a low-level player, though.

Eudrick
12-31-2010, 04:21 PM
If you're dead set on it, March, March, March. Go to the edge of the regional map and the option to enter the next region will be offered. Depending on the distance you may have to travel through many regional hexes to reach your destination.

par one
12-31-2010, 07:21 PM
ahhh. shoulda tried that. sorry to bother you guys. this game is awesome. i mean it. the last 10 years it seems like there are no deep, turn based games anymore. i will be a "hero" soon.

Merlin
12-31-2010, 10:01 PM
If you're dead set on it, ...Very appropriate choice of words.