PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of Trade

Eudrick
11-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Recently, Corwin suffered an almost catastrophic melt down in his city.

I had neglected to check on my trade levels for quite a while and suddenly (in the time of two Argon turns) his city's Health, Loyalty and Morale all dropped to Zero. Why? He was in a severe food crisis. The preset levels I had entered some months (yes months) ago had reached parity and there was NO trade at all. Food levels plummeted to negative numbers in short order and the population lost almost 20k in two turns.
It has taken me almost 40 Aragon turns to repair the damage and get the city's numbers back to the pre collapse state.
As an object lesson, this illustrates the power of the economic side of this game. Ignore the city dynamics at your peril. Be sure to keep tabs on not only your construction levels and work force required but ensure that you have enough resources to sustain growth (or at least maintain the status quo) by enabling trade.

For those that don't know, the auto trade functions are utilized by setting the amount of the various resources that you are willing to trade. Need food? Set the level to a number LARGER than the resource on hand. Willing to trade lumber or metal? Set the number to one LOWER than the resources on hand. But be aware. Once the amount set reaches the amount available trading in that resource will cease. Also, take advantage of the resources offered by your neighbors and allies. Quite often they will be offering what you need in exchange for what you have in excess. Corwin currently has a 3 cornered trade going with 2 other trading partners where one will trade food for lumber and one will trade lumber for metal and Corwin has a ton of metal.

Merlin
11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Ignore the economic game at your peril! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!