PDA

View Full Version : City Development

Dessembrae
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I've got couple turns in and really enjoying this game.

Wondering if anyone has any tips about city development. I've built a bunch of stuff... more agriculture, timber, bakery ect.. and i'm wondering if there any building that should absolutely be built as soon as possible.

Also, where should city walls be placed? Should i create a small "fortress" around one of my towers?? (Yes, i built a second one because i could)

And lastly, I've been wandering around my region fighting random armies. Are there any quests or goals i should be looking to do?

Merlin
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
The main tip: Watch your economy carefully, and don't overbuild!

Walls will block your opponents, so you can design defenses using them. Because they block movement except (along them), they should connect to a tower. One strategy would be to connect your towers with a wall to protect a defense flank, for example.

There will be some quests as you continue to play. Note that subscribers get a larger variety of encounters and quests.

Eudrick
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I've got couple turns in and really enjoying this game.

Wondering if anyone has any tips about city development. I've built a bunch of stuff... more agriculture, timber, bakery ect.. and i'm wondering if there any building that should absolutely be built as soon as possible.
Build your henchmen enhancers (University, War College, ect) sooner rather than later. But don't over build (try to keep the work force at no less then 92-93%. Any more than that and the folk start complaining. Don't wait until you need housing or food to build those items, try to keep ahead of the demand.

Also, where should city walls be placed? Should i create a small "fortress" around one of my towers?? (Yes, i built a second one because i could) Remember, regardless of where you build your defenses, at the onset of a city battle your forces will be centered around the hex 12.12 on the tactical map. If you use the formation screen and then build your defenses to incorporate the formation you'll be 1 to 2 turns ahead in any battle.

And lastly, I've been wandering around my region fighting random armies. Are there any quests or goals i should be looking to do?Slavers and bandits are always good (People and money respectively). Chase battles are good for karma. And once you advance in levels expect to see some higher level foes that will give you great XP.

par one
01-06-2011, 02:36 AM
how do you get a quest? i have yet to receive one...

Merlin
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Heroes get the special adventures.

par one
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
oh. ok. i'll sign up. the fact that i am not a hero, do you think that explains the lack of lore?

Merlin
01-06-2011, 02:30 PM
No, the lack of Lore is unrelated.