PDA

View Full Version : Question about sound

Alexander Morlo
09-28-2010, 05:24 AM
:eek: Every time the game loads a map i get a sound manager error it is really getting annoying I assume its the macromedia flash player I have active X 10 64 bit on IE 8 64 bit running on an Intel quad core with 8 gb DDR 2 ram :confused:

Merlin
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
It's related to the ActiveX security settings. Enable the "Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt" setting. You should reset that to the default after you've verified that it now works, as it will continue to work later.

Alexander Morlo
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply I guess it was a misconfiguration of my new antivirus product

Merlin
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
There's always a lot of things that can interfere with legitimate web sites, to protect you from malware, aren't there? We'll have to add this to the FAQ or somewhere, so that question won't need to be asked again, or the answer will be easier to find in the future.

Alexander Morlo
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
There are alot if you do add F.A.Q's about security Software you should add the fact that some will get rid of cookies automaticaly and your site is heavily reliant on them If mine is set to a more secure setting cookies are deleted immediatly after reciept and that messes with the game hardcore I think you mention the cookies already but some may not be aware of the affect of stricter security

Merlin
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
The "Remember Me" check box tells the site to use cookies. So if your software is deleting them, that will cause problems as you've noted. Do you play with cookies disabled?

The game should work without cookies enabled, but there may be places where it doesn't work properly. I'll get some play-testing done with cookies disabled, so we can find and fix those problems.

Alexander Morlo
09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
The thing seems to be that if all cookies are expired then it does no good to click remember me I have it set to allow session cookies allow persistent cookies and to not expire any until 7 days right now