PDA

View Full Version : How to use thrown weapon?

Redknight
08-10-2010, 03:06 AM
My infantry summary:
10 1st Teramonia Elf Infantry 3,135 1 35
Armor: Chain, Shield: Medium, Weapon: Short Sword, Thrown: Javelin (70)

But in first battle my infantry unit was not able to do range attacks.
Also, in unit-data pages-combat screen I see “None” in thrown column.
In battle I can select "equip javelin" command from list, but range attack command does not appear.
Same thing for long bow and arrows works well.

What I have to do to perform thrown attacks?

Merlin
08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Same as your other post... Delete and restart your game, as there are many "bits" missing, which will cause lots of odd errors.

Redknight
08-11-2010, 03:24 AM
No, I think, the problem is not same.
After second start it became clearer.

Predefined army for dwarves was:
1) infantry with thrown axes
2) mounted infantry with missile weapon
3) infantry without range weapon

I changed army to all infantry with thrown axes.

In battle:
1) 1st infantry have thrown attack in command list and performs it well.
2) 2nd infantry have missile attack in list, but can not perform it.
3) 3rd infantry have not any ranged attack in list.
All units have commands like predefined units.

After battle I looked at unit-combat page and only 1st infantry had axe in thrown column, 2nd and 3rd had none.

Then I reequip 3rd infantry to replenish losses, saved changes and now 3rd infantry have thrown weapon.

I can do it for 2nd infantry, but may be, you want to look at this problem first.

Merlin
08-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Okay, thanks. That is very odd. It looks like the units are calculated when created, but not after you change their equip. I'll check that out.

Redknight
08-12-2010, 06:51 AM
It looks like the throwing weapon can be used infinite quantity of times in one battle.
Is it WAD?
I expected that each of 40 dwarves with 80 axes will throw 2 times and then will go to the hand-to-hand combat.

Merlin
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
We've had a lot of discussion and debate about missiles and thrown weapons. I could easily add code to use them up during a battle. Arrows are cheap enough that they could be "one-time" use items, but javelins and axes and such really should be recoverable. Ideally, you should be able to go to your thrown axes, pick them up and use them again. The enemy should also be able to pick them up and throw them back at you.

So, yes, for now your missiles and thrown weapons are able to be used repeatedly. At some point, that will change.