PDA

View Full Version : how to end battle/get out of tactical screen?

Skarp Hedin
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Some measly dwarfish army slunk into my backyard; I only have 2 militia groups at home. I entrenched for about 30 turns and eliminated a named dwarf when he got too close. Then I got bored and went after half the army (lurking in the NE corner), killed another named dwarf but suffered much damage, and so retreated to my tower and entrenched again. I have now reached the 100th turn, and my enemy is hiding in the extreme NE and SW corners, while my militias have 16 and 14hp respectively. What can I look forward to? I can't kill him, he won't kill me, and my main army is in the neighbouring regional hex. Please advise (thanks).

Hedin

Merlin
07-31-2010, 12:06 AM
You Elves really have an attitude toward Dwarves. ;)

Apparently we need a turn limit on battles! Use the "End Battle" button (which I just enabled if the turn gets past 50). You will probably "lose", but it will affect your Win-Loss and nothing else, I believe.

Note: I uploaded a number of other changes, so if there is anything out of the ordinary, let us know!

Skarp Hedin
07-31-2010, 01:05 AM
love it! Even if there are occasional tiny frustrations with the playing, the personal service from the greatest wizard ever to tread the earth is to die for!

thanks again...

Hedin

Merlin
07-31-2010, 03:54 PM
love it! Even if there are occasional tiny frustrations with the playing, the personal service from the greatest wizard ever to tread the earth is to die for!

thanks again...

Hedin
Thank you. The point of the open beta is to remove all those frustrations. We haven't found everything that a bunch of players might uncover, so you guys are a big help in making this game closer to perfect.

Moriority
08-01-2010, 04:04 AM
In a recent post Skarp discribes a situation I have never seen before. Apparently, your militia hurt the attackers just enough for then to pull back from fighting but not enough to retreat from the battle entirely. Your militia was also hurt badly so your power at that time was not enough to push the attackers off the board. So you reach an equilibrium that led to results that have not been reported to us before. (Usually they either keep on attacking without mercy or their morale fails and they leave.)

Anyway, it's good to know that it's possible to reach seach a results balance.

Kurt

Skarp Hedin
08-02-2010, 02:44 AM
I feel privileged; my militia rock (shame it credited me with a loss, but I understand why.

Now for a different question: how do I get recruits??

thanks,

Hedin

Merlin
08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Recruits are dependent on population. As your city grows you will gain recruits. Morale and Loyalty are also factors. Nothing is simple in this game, as you can probably tell.

You can also Conscript soldiers, but that will negatively impact Morale and Loyalty, so it has it's drawbacks.