PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

Merlin
07-14-2010, 01:55 AM
We've been watching "Season 1" of Doctor Who on NetFlix recently. Oddly, it is from 2005. That is odd because there must be 15 "Seasons" before this one that we've watched during the 80s and 90s, when we had a PBS station that showed episodes every Saturday morning.

Still, I give it 5 stars, as it is faithful to the classic series. (And, the same writer who seems to write them all for the last 30 years or so.)

Moriority
07-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Funny you should mention. Joy's watching an episode at this moment where the good Doctor may be thrown out of a space craft by paniced passegers.

Eudrick
10-07-2010, 05:02 PM
There's much more than 15 seasons. I remember watching the Original Doctor in 1965 (in glorious black and white) when we lived in England and putting a clothes basket over my head with a kitchen spoon and the vacuum cleaner extension through it and wandering around the house claiming "I am a DALEK!" And it's never been canceled by the BBC since then. I think the "Doctor" count is around nine now (He takes over a new body every once in a while).

Merlin
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Wikipedia has a good entry on the Doctor. Timelords are reputed to be able to regenerate only 13 times, and I believe the current count is up to 11. We'll see in the future if that 13 limit is "hard", or if the last Timelord somehow circumvents that limit. (Many of the older episodes are available on NetFlix, as well. I have about 30 of them in our "queue".)

Merlin
10-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

There is a spin-off called Torchwood that follows characters in London that are a top-secret "alien-hunting" and technology group.

Eudrick
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's a site that hosts the entire 1st 6 seasons of the new Doctor. You can watch an episode a day without commercials free and if you wait an hour watch another.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/doctor_who_(2005)/season_1.html

rosemarie
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Doctor who is a great show ......... I like this show very much ...
This is one of my favorite TV show ....
I watch all seasons of this show.........