PDA

View Full Version : Bounty offered for bug reports

Eudrick
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
For any bug report that contains the following information, I will offer a choice selection of premium Item(s) from my personal stash.

Operating System:
Browser:
Version:
Error Code (if any):
What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time:
What happened:

Optional (helps me to determine what Item(s) to send you):
Character Race:
Character Class:

Quote this post in any bug report and use it as a template for your post.

Eudrick
07-01-2010, 07:47 PM
The 1st bounty offered went to Angrist, who discovered 2 major flaws in the course of 2 days. Both have since been repaired. I'm pleased to announce that due to his efforts (and the fact that he let us know) he received the following as a reward:

You sent 50 of Defense +1 to Angrist.
You sent 30 of Bravery +1 to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Horn of Wind to Angrist.
You sent 20 of Magic Prot +1 to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Horn of Fear to Angrist.
You sent 30 of Fire Resist +1 to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Spirituality 1 to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Command to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Mental Shield to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Wizardry 1 to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Horn of Bravery to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Horn of Dread to Angrist.
You sent 1 of Horn of Fatigue to Angrist.

Eudrick
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
You sent 1 of Horn of Fear to Quiritus.
You sent 2 of Horn of Bravery to Quiritus.
You sent 1 of Spirituality 1 to Quiritus.
You sent 9 of Magic Prot +1 to Quiritus.

The second recipient of bug booty/

Eudrick
07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
You sent 1 of Woods Lore 1 to Quiritus.
You sent 1 of Wizardry 1 to Quiritus.
You sent 1 of Horn of Inspire to Quiritus.

For yet another bug report

GorbagGutripper
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but probably is....if you click on a unit on the left hand side during combat, it will bring you to the screen where you choose your starting army! Tried this once after I lost a good chunk of two of my units and the new units magically appeared in my army replacing all my old units. Havent tried it after the first initial combat, but will try it again and see what happens. Pretty sure clicking on the unit name should just bring up the description of said unit.

GorbagGutripper
08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Oh yes, not sure if I am sticking with the humans so if this is a bug, no items yet please. Still checking em all out to see which race I like the best.

Eudrick
08-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks GG:

It's not exactly a bug (although for your purposes I'll gift you as such). Once you're past your initial battle Left clicking on the unit name will take you to the unit summary page, which is a bit different than the initial army page. We'll work on resolving this. Let me know (best by PM) when you want your reward and I'll hook you up.

(What Browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Chrome ...?)

Merlin
08-31-2010, 12:50 AM
That sounds like a bug to me! I'll get on that...

GorbagGutripper
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Using the latest version of IE---use FF as well, but not on my wife's laptop.

Moriority
09-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I haven't seen the bug that is been discribed, but IE does give me fits sometimes. It's hard to know sometimes if we have a game bug, a server problem or more probably, a browser hang up. We do want to make sure we find all problems with the main browsers. So far we have.

How many of you have wives who have taken over your lap tops? I now know of two of us.

Kurt

Alexander Morlo
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM
while trying to do combat my turns hang and i get

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

i have to constantly reload

GorbagGutripper
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, but I am stuck on the 11th round of a battle....no matter what I do, it always returns to this turn. I have relogged, switched computers, threw things at the wall and still stuck! I have the elves on the run, so pretty sure they are messing with me as payback.
Here is the error code I see when I first log on:

Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on a non-object in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/34326/domains/aragon-online.net/html/aragon/newgame.php on line 1771

Merlin
09-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I don't know why that error is popping up, but your battle is hung because you have to Target your Fatigue spell. Pick an enemy hex after clicking "Target Fatigue".

GorbagGutripper
09-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Woot thanks! Of course, I have to shrink my screen to see my orders as my units are not listed to the left as have been.

Moriority
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
GorbagGutripper,

We are freeing up more space on the battle map with our new on-screen Unit Action Menu. There are a few small problems such as the one you described. Currently, Merlin is doing his magic to make sure we don't lose anything from the previous version while at the same time improving game play.

Let us know if there are any problems with the new system. Your comments are very valuable and will be addressed.

Kurt

Eudrick
09-04-2010, 04:27 PM
6 Junia 1348 Q.J.
You sent 206 of Lt Cross Bow +1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Kite +2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Long Sword +2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 100 of Cure to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 83 of Short Sword +1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Defense +3 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Endurance +3 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 4 of Woods Lore 1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Chain +2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Horn of Fear to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 41 of Spear +2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Horn of Bravery to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Wizardry 1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Spirituality 2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 30 of Speed +1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 47 of Medium +1 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 35 of Chain +2 to GorbagGutripper.
You sent 1 of Chain +3 to GorbagGutripper.

GorbagGutripper
09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Woot thanks for the loot Eudrick! However, on the new UAM, I only have a message button to click and no button to advance my turn. Before I went to sleep last night, a bunch of evil little shorties with messed up kilts, i mean dwarves, were attacking me. Did some turns, but decided Id finish the battle today (saturday). Tried this morning before I went out hiking, and now when I finally got home. Still getting the same screen.

Moriority
09-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Gorbaggutripper,

The Next Turn button is now on the Battle Menu Bar on the upper right hand side of the screen between Messages and Plan.

Kurt

GorbagGutripper
09-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Thanks mate! But I cant seem to find the BMB in the upper right hand corner of the screen.....but im getting the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on a non-object in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/34326/domains/aragon-online.net/html/aragon/newgame.php on line 1771

and this time I have no spells that need targets.....my mage and priest cast their shield spells a few turns ago.....will have to see if i delete all my archers in that does anything.

Moriority
09-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Gor:

I've seen this error myself. Usually, when I "Close" the window, I'm allowed to proceed as if nothing happened. At times, I've had to leave the game and reboot. Or, if you check the drop down UAM menu to see the list of units, you might notice that a spell caster's window is still Whited with the name of a spell, seemingly waiting to fire off.

There are two menu lines right above the battle map. White text, black background. On the second line, it should say "All Units", "Messages", "Next Turn", and "Plan".

Kurt

Hope that helps,

Merlin
09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
The message: newgame.php on line 1771? Are you using a shortcut pointed to New Game? You shouldn't have any link pointing to that page in game.

Alexander Morlo
09-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I do not know if its been temporarily removed for some reason but my Next Turn button has dissapeared

Eudrick
09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I do not know if its been temporarily removed for some reason but my Next Turn button has dissapeared
The screen format has been changed with the implementation of the the new Unit Action Menu. Look for the next turn button at the top of the map in the gray bar. If it's not there try pressing the CTRL button and F5 at the same time. That updates the game to your computer. If it's STILL not there let us know.

Merlin
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
There was a problem with the New Game option on the Aragon map. I believe I've repaired the New Game process.

GorbagGutripper
09-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks Kurt--I see the screen now. Wasnt there before and now I can finish off these pesky half pints that are pillaging my town.

Eudrick
09-26-2010, 04:50 AM
During battle it is possible to lure enemy units to sections of city walls that are placed diagonal and then pound them into nonexistence with archers and offensive spells the enemy will just hang out in those areas and dont do much about it alot of times they will head to those sections on their own is that by design? The AI is funky in some regards, this appears to be one of those times. My guess is that the wall makes them think there is no further access to your units and acts as a missile block as well. It's a nice 'glitch', take advantage of it. I'll forward this message to Merlin and he MAY rework the AI (if possible) to make the enemy more aggressive. It'd be nice to know what various enemies are doing this as each one has it's own battle plan.I think the enemy AI isn't looking "far enough" away for an attack position, so get stalled out in the corners of your walls. I increased that radius. Let us know if you can still use that strategy, or if you notice a change in behavior. That seems to have changed the behavior alot i have fought several battles and the enemy units seems to now find the entrance easier and attack from the edges closest to it exept for 1 troll army who seem to have got hung up but i am not sure if they were just hanging back and waiting for spells to be cast on them or not they went to my wlll and waited for 16 or 17 turns i then took some units outside the walls and the troll army then came forward to fightGreat! Thanks for the help!

Bug Bounty for YOU!!! Race and Class? I'll send you some good stuff.

Cool thanks i am just a gamer who found this site on accident firtst time on a beta first time to see a glitch Elf/Mage

As a result of Alexander's query he earns:

You sent 5 of Horn of Fatigue to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 50 of Lance +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 50 of Chain +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 3 of Plate +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 1 of Robe +3 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 100 of Small +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 100 of Hammer +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 4 of Short Sword +3 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 1 of Mage Staff +3 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 1 of Horn of Wind to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 100 of Spear +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 30 of Md Cross Bow +1 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 37 of Chain +2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 100 of Cure to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 100 of Defense +1 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 1 of Wizardry 2 to Alexander Morlo.
You sent 2 of Horn of Fear to Alexander Morlo.

ENJOY!!!!

Alexander Morlo
09-26-2010, 10:32 AM
I have 4 mage I had them in a stack had all 4 cast pyro when it came time i targeted 3 of the 4 spells clicked next turn and 3 were cast I then clicked next turn again was able to see the results before targeting the 4th pyro spell

Merlin
09-26-2010, 04:00 PM
That's not exactly a bug. It is a well-known side-effect of the way the system works. Eudrick exploits it all the time. (He calls it the "half-turn".) I'm too lazy to bother, and just blast the enemy indiscriminately.

Fixing that might be worthwhile to help newbs out, if there were a warning message such as "You must target Merlin's Pyro spell before taking your turn." We've had a few complain about a "stuck" turn when in reality it was a spell waiting to be targeted.

Eudrick
09-26-2010, 07:10 PM
As a side note: 'Half turning' mages' missile spells ,while valuable in conserving the spell for a target that still exists, does have a draw back. If you cast 2 or more spells on the same target at the same time the 2nd and consecutive spells do more damage per spell than the single spell would. I.e. 1 missile spell does 120 hp of damage, 2 or more cast on the same target do an incremental amount more per spell. The first does 120, the second does 160 and the 3rd would do 180 (numbers approximate). It's a fine line judging how many to cast at a time based on the target (I get 7 at once if I so desire).

Alexander Morlo
09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
That stuck turn thing is initially why i had felt it to be a little like a cheat i think

Alexander Morlo
09-28-2010, 12:21 PM
firstly i was tavleling and was attacked but my army wasnt on the battle field the mesage was NONE attacked by a hostile Orc army! and the menu was Tactical(6,40)-(13,11)- in freehold-Tactical turn 0 and the end battle option , Also after battle having used up my spells on the regional map it sists my spells as full i went into battle with a full spell listing yet only some could be used as i had been attacted bam bam and had no time to rest and recover

Merlin
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
We've seen the occasional "Null" battle, but cannot reproduce it. Curiously, there is no error generated when that happens, so we have no clues what causes it.

We've not seen the spell problem you described. Perhaps our play-testers have a clue what happened.

Eudrick
09-29-2010, 05:06 AM
As a best guess (non-reproducible and hard to define) at the end of the turn where the spells were supposedly restored to full, the next battle occurred. The system went into the battle before registering the end of the previous turn and while it said you had all your spells, you only had those that were restored on the PRIOR turn. I do believe this has happened to me, but due to the fact that I have so many spells per casting unit, I've never actually noticed that they weren't fully restored. I DO keep track of how many resting turns are required to fully restore all my spells and try to take them all before moving my army. Sometimes, however, you don't get that option. I just take a " Man, I wish that hadn't happened" battle as a matter of course and deal with it.

par one
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
couple things.

one: i keep hitting next turn on the aragon screen, and my game seems to be stuck on september 6. i noticed this 'cus i always check city summary first thing, and nothing was changing. so i zoomed to world, hit next turn, went back to the aragon screen...still sept 6, still all the same stuff on city summary.

two: i built some med infantry with javelins, loosely based on legionaries. they are good units, but sometimes, when i use the thrown weapons, i can no longer click on(select) that unit. this seems to happen mostly if the target unit doesn't move, but this is not exclusive. sometimes i can select them later in the battle, other times i can never get 'em back. it does not seem to happen in all battles. i tried stacking leaders with them, but then the leaders also become unresponsive.

par one
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
i should mention, the units continue to throw the javs as long as the target unit is present. they keep participating, i just kinda lose control of them

Moriority
01-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Par One:

I'm not sure what you are doing to change a unit's orders but try clicking on the Unit's Window, (that may be greyed out), and change the order from throw to None or Move or Attack and see if they change their behavior. An yes, if a unit has an order to throw or missile or attack a unit, the order will stay in effect until you change the orders or there are no more enemy units on that square.

Kurt

Eudrick
01-03-2011, 09:19 AM
couple things.

one: i keep hitting next turn on the aragon screen, and my game seems to be stuck on september 6. i noticed this 'cus i always check city summary first thing, and nothing was changing. so i zoomed to world, hit next turn, went back to the aragon screen...still sept 6, still all the same stuff on city summary.

two: i built some med infantry with javelins, loosely based on legionaries. they are good units, but sometimes, when i use the thrown weapons, i can no longer click on(select) that unit. this seems to happen mostly if the target unit doesn't move, but this is not exclusive. sometimes i can select them later in the battle, other times i can never get 'em back. it does not seem to happen in all battles. i tried stacking leaders with them, but then the leaders also become unresponsive.

ONE: There is a limit to the number of Aragon turns one can take. You'll have to wait some amount of time before you can take another...this forces you to play on the regional level or go to bed.

TWO: That shouldn't happen as long as there is a target available. We'll check that out!

par one
01-06-2011, 12:10 AM
what happens when you are out of regional turns and you cannot advance on the aragon screen? how long do you need to wait?

Eudrick
01-06-2011, 03:40 AM
I believe it's 30 min but might be shorter.

par one
01-06-2011, 09:32 PM
the thrown weapon bug is legit. if any unit within a stack throws, then that ENTIRE stack is unselectable until either the target moves or is destroyed. also, there appears to be a graphic bug when throwing axes, but that is minor.

Eudrick
01-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Ok We'll look into that. You've earned a bounty. Just tell me your race and Class and I'll zing ya some premium items.

Eudrick
01-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Our latest bug report Recipients:

You sent 19 of Defense +3 to Jon.
You sent 139 of Mace +3 to quiritus.
You sent 4 of Endurance +3 to quiritus.
You sent 18 of Mail +3 to quiritus.
You sent 23 of Chain +3 to Jon.
You sent 23 of Speed +3 to quiritus.
You sent 1 of Wizardry 2 to quiritus.
You sent 1 of Horn of Wind to quiritus.
You sent 1 of Horn of Warfare to quiritus.
You sent 147 of Small +2 to Jon.
You sent 52 of Hammer +3 to Jon.
You sent 3 of Spirituality 2 to Jon.

Eudrick
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
For discovering a bug in the market:

6 Janaria 1363 Q.J.
You sent 10 of Defense +2 to Rykoffe.
You sent 1 of Horn of Fear to Rykoffe.
You sent 1 of Spirituality 2 to Rykoffe.
You sent 25 of Speed +1 to Rykoffe.
You sent 29 of Accuracy +3 to Rykoffe.
You sent 1 of Robe +3 to Rykoffe.
You sent 50 of Hammer +3 to Rykoffe.
You sent 1 of Accuracy +3 to Rykoffe.
You sent 21 of Endurance +3 to Rykoffe.
You sent 2 of Horn of Warfare to Rykoffe.

Nightstalker
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
During battle turns after all the actions (or some of them) have been done everything stops as if the turn was over. But if you select a unit no dialog box will open, if you select 'Messages' nothing will display, if you select "Aragon" a message appears which says to the effect 'Error in init......' or another similar message. These do not stay on long and the screen goes blank, then is regenerated and you may take a new turn, read messages, etc. It only does this sometimes but is very aggravating. And I know that the turn is truncated because I watch the various graphics that are created unit by unit. I use Google Chrome.

Separate question

Would it be wrong if I started a second city using a different email account so that I can start that new city without making the mistakes I made with the first one and yet still try to repair my first city in which I have a lot of time invested?

Nightstalker
06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Vista Pro 32 bit
Google Chrome
1. Every time when I am doing turns in any map style (Region, World, Tactical) and the message comes up in the white window that my city has been attacked by 'whatever', the system hangs right there. Once I let it go over five minutes and nothing more happened. All I do is select 'Aragon', the screen goes white and then refreshes and I can play the first turn.

2. Sometimes after a turn in a battle the game hangs up. I know that this has happened when I cannot select a unit for the next turn and cannot view 'Messages'. Now when I choose 'Aragon' an error message is displayed which says 'Error Main_Init_Page'. My screen goes white and is then refreshed and the battle goes on. However, my offensive actions are not taken and the enemy gets it 'turn'. This is usually very disadvantageous.

3. This isn't a 'bug' but I am wondering what happened to all the food? Suddenly no one has any to trade and my production is through the floor. Is there some sort of seasonal variation built into the game?

Orpheus
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
We run Vista Pro, 32 bit and use Google Chrome

Every time that I see the window which says "Mount Placid has been attacked by a hostile ________ Army", the screen just stays there for as long as you want to leave it. I have left it with the icon running which usually means something is in the process of downloading for 15 minutes and nothing changed. Only by clicking on 'Aragon' will the program move on and allow turns to begin. This certainly seems like a bug. I've had many battles now and it always happens.

Merlin
07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
During battle turns after all the actions (or some of them) have been done everything stops as if the turn was over. But if you select a unit no dialog box will open, if you select 'Messages' nothing will display, if you select "Aragon" a message appears which says to the effect 'Error in init......' or another similar message. These do not stay on long and the screen goes blank, then is regenerated and you may take a new turn, read messages, etc. It only does this sometimes but is very aggravating. And I know that the turn is truncated because I watch the various graphics that are created unit by unit. I use Google Chrome.

Separate question

Would it be wrong if I started a second city using a different email account so that I can start that new city without making the mistakes I made with the first one and yet still try to repair my first city in which I have a lot of time invested?

Odd... I use Chrome and have no trouble at all with battles starting. I doubt that the OS makes any difference, though it might. I don't have a Vista 32-bit machine to test on. I'll see if I can figure out why that is happening for you, but not me.

A second city is "officially" against the rules, but you can go ahead with a second city if you'd like, as that rule is NOT enforced at this time.

Merlin
07-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Vista Pro 32 bit
Google Chrome
<snip>

2. Sometimes after a turn in a battle the game hangs up. I know that this has happened when I cannot select a unit for the next turn and cannot view 'Messages'. Now when I choose 'Aragon' an error message is displayed which says 'Error Main_Init_Page'. My screen goes white and is then refreshed and the battle goes on. However, my offensive actions are not taken and the enemy gets it 'turn'. This is usually very disadvantageous.

3. This isn't a 'bug' but I am wondering what happened to all the food? Suddenly no one has any to trade and my production is through the floor. Is there some sort of seasonal variation built into the game?

2. I think that is your over-stacked units. Get them in line, and the will work as it should.

3. There is no seasonal variation, though that is on the list of things to do. Your efficiency is at 18%, so you won't get much production of anything. Since you need food, I'd set the production level to 25% or 50% for everything else, or even 0% since you have some reserves of Armor etc. Battle spoils will supply plenty for your needs, I think. (Watch Magic, though, since you need that to replenish spells!)

Orpheus
07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
When I 'navigate' to the world level I get the following error message across the top under the area where the command buttons are.

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c01/h17/mnt/34326/domains/aragon-online.net/html/aragon/include/inc_map.php on line 606"

I simply click 'next turn' and everything proceeds normally.
I use Vista Pro 32 bit and Google Chrome.

yhanno
07-31-2011, 03:00 PM
I filled out all the info in the quote box below.

For any bug report that contains the following information, I will offer a choice selection of premium Item(s) from my personal stash.

Operating System: Vista Pro
Browser: Google Chrome
Version:
Error Code (if any): None
What were you doing/attempting to do in the game at the time: Set up moves for units for turn 1 at turn 0
What happened:Game appears to process the information but nothing happens and the note goes back to 'Tactical turn 0'

Optional (helps me to determine what Item(s) to send you):
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Knight (metinks)

Quote this post in any bug report and use it as a template for your post.

Merlin
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Somehow your main Knight character was set to Entrench, but Knights cannot entrench. I removed the Entrench action, so your turns will proceed normally.

If you know how that happened, please let us know so we can correct that.

Eudrick
08-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Here's your bounty...Enjoy!

22 Julia 1373 Q.J.
You sent 1 of Plate +3 to yhanno.
You sent 30 of Speed +1 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Command to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Horn of Bravery to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Endurance +3 to yhanno.
You sent 3 of Chain +3 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of 2-Hand Sword +2 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Kite +2 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Mage Staff +3 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Defense +3 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Lance +2 to yhanno.
You sent 1 of Mail +2 to yhanno.

MariaDMarin
10-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but probably is....if you click on a unit on the left hand side during combat, it will bring you to the screen where you choose your starting army! Tried this once after I lost a good chunk of two of my units and the new units magically appeared in my army replacing all my old units. Havent tried it after the first initial combat, but will try it again and see what happens. Pretty sure clicking on the unit name should just bring up the description of said unit.
I have clicked on a unit on the left hand side during combat. It lead me to the place to start.
offgamers (http://www.offgamers.com/)