PDA

View Full Version : Are the monsters scared?

Telarion
05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
I been patrolling the hexes surrounding my city on the aragon scale... 2 weeks now and not a single encounter... I am beginning to wonder if I have routed all the munsters from my area and if this is even possible?

Moriority
05-02-2010, 02:02 AM
There is a percent chance each time you take an Aragon level, (weekly) turn or each time you move anyone on the Region level map that you will find a, "You have encountered hostile forces..." message. (Hint: while moving on the region level, rest your army every 3 moves. Keep Stamina high for when you do get a battle.)

In the future, frequency and type of encounters will be influenced by a player's personal conduct as measured by a variety of sources. These include after-battle-decisions, Win-Loss numbers, Chivalry, and Roll-Playing choices.

As more scripted quests and adventures are written and placed within the Region level of AO, the player's region will become increasingly more active. Scripts will, after a time, start to involve the player with the NPC cities near the player's own city.

We are creating a very complex game with a number of aspects that in some areas are still being tied together.

Kurt

Eudrick
05-02-2010, 07:30 AM
One quick way to induce monsters is to cycle thru 3 or 4 world turns. You've got a (number witheld)% chance of a city attack every time you have more than (number witheld)% of movement left when you take a world turn. Not to mention that this advances your economics rapidly as well.

PS Check you private messages (top right of the screen).

Telarion
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Thats awesome.. so keep moving and patrolling your countryside and your city will generally be unscathed.. well except for the other players and I do believe alliances can nullify that.

Staying on topic... I believe the Murphy Gods have reached out their hands and gave me the ole murphy nudge.. I got lots of encounters now

Eudrick
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Note new post in the War Room