PDA

View Full Version : A Concern about Seasons and Weather

Telarion
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I am just curious if I should be concerned about winter and inclement weather, I notice the seasons changing and almost want to stay bottled up in the city until the winter passes.:confused:

Moriority
05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
In our original box game, "Sword of Aragon", we had one month turns with attrition running between 1 and 15% from December to February. That is, each step an army took "rolled" to see how many men they would loose in the army and each leader would have the same percent chance to perish due to attrition. Usually, a player hunkered down and sat tight inside his city.

This, will in some way, be implimented into Aragon Online. In AO, we use weekly turns and play on three map/clock levels compared to two in Sword. We don't want a player to have to click Next Turn 13 times in a row before he/she can take the army out on patrol.

One thing about seasonal change. It sometimes happens durnig battle turns. The trees are green at the beginning of the battle and then half way through they change to orange. That seems pretty abrupt since battle turns are in minutes. Not a big deal, just an oddity.

P.S. In Sword we also had attrition for plague, famine, drought and floods. We can do that again, but there will be more complications as our World is som much larger and diverse.

Kurt

Telarion
05-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks Kurt

I just want to be aware of all the factors that will affect My Main Hero, My Troops and My city.

So far so good.. havent had the villagers try to burn me out of my tower yet.

Moriority
05-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Watch out for the peasants with pitch forks and torches. You can buy them off though by building up Arts in the Development section. City Morale and to a lesser degree, Loyalty will rise. And don't forget Magic Development if you're going to do much spell casting.

Kurt

Eudrick
05-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Not yet , but SOON. It's in the works. Winter will not be lovely.

Moriority
05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
It's January in Noregon. Sure looks cold. Be ogres through here soon, you just wait and see.

Narwik
05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
"In our original box game, "Sword of Aragon"..." YOU were the developer of one of the best game in the known universe ever?! (O.o) My God! I spent countless hours playing this : ) My friends were playing, we were asking each others "how are you attack that dragon, oh really?" I remember that sleepless nights, when i defend Sur Nova, attack trolls and looking for quest points. That was beautiful, thanks! : )

Merlin
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, we were. Hence the name of this game: Aragon Online. There have been a few changes from what we did in Sword, though... ;)

Moriority
05-20-2010, 05:27 AM
I can still remember the message, "You have found Trollhome!" That was a battle that got the heart thumping! Of course Tetrada was a monster battle.

Kurt