PDA

View Full Version : A couple issues but still a great game

Telarion
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Hey there everyone, just getting the game figured out and having a blast while doing so.

Heres those couple issues. I am sure I will find more and as I learn the scope and system I will be willing to provide as much positive feedback as possible.

1.) I can not get the Common Knowledge Lore "Myrmex Felix, Book 1 Chapter 2" to open. (Seems like a javascript error)

2.) Another one is the sometime failed image on the development map and the tactical map. it makes me wonder if theres a limit on the number of images displayed on a single page.

3.) The "seizing" of the page around tactical round 13 - 18 and every 15 give or take rounds. Engine recovers beautifully but thats still there.

4.) When I get requests to rescue the daughters I take off in the direction indicated by the Merchant or Wealthy Lord but never seem to find anything. Is this a still developing feature?

5.) On maximized size with the map size set to large the side nav window still requires scrolling from side to side despite it being full screened on a 22 in monitor set to 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Anyways thats all I can think of that could be considered technical.
(Oh yes... using IE 8 on an XP home platform, 1gb ram 3.3ghz proc)

On a selfish note

Would not elves have a degree of "penetration" when it comes to shooting in forests? Even a single hex would make a world of difference.

Merlin
04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Especially the "great game" part! :D

We've noticed you've been tearing up the bad guys...

1. It's an XML error, but should be fixed now.

2. I don't typically get broken images. Is it terrain or icons?

3. We haven't had reports of seizing, but there could be one of those very hard to track down errors somewhere causing it. We'll dispatch our master play-tester to look into that.

4. That script should probably still be in the "play-test" category. We'll look into that.

5. That's a known issue with IE. The Unit Action Menu gets put into a div, and IE doesn't resize the table properly. That's on the To Do list.

Good thought about elves... We were considering some Line of Sight changes. Forest dwellers are at a particular disadvantage if they depend on missiles and spells.

Telarion
04-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Its some road icons sometimes straight sections but always the intersections, sometimes the gate icons and my Main tower icon.

Once in a blue moon (and I do mean the rare instance you have two full moons in a single month) the odd building (Mostly the learning centers) wont appear.

Loving the lore.. cant wait to see other aspects of the game at work.

Merlin
04-30-2010, 02:42 AM
We'll get our crack team of programmers (me) on that. Roads graphics are sort-of implemented, but they need work.

Eudrick
04-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Hiyas Telarion. This input is great and as a reward check your inventory

Merlin
04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Eudrick verified that there is a sporadic problem with IE. It was crashing the tab every so often. (Not good.) As for the cause, we're investigating that, and hopefully will have a fix soon.

Merlin
05-01-2010, 01:31 AM
5. That's a known issue with IE. The Unit Action Menu gets put into a div, and IE doesn't resize the table properly. That should be resolved now.

Set your browser to Quirks mode using the Tools > Compatibility View Settings, and add aragon-online.net. Let us know if this resolves the seizing problem, and then we'll have a really good clue as to the cause.

Telarion
05-01-2010, 03:50 AM
That fixed it up beautifully

Just trying to figure out how to get the Magicians to start fabricating magic stuff for me.

Moriority
05-01-2010, 04:25 AM
We need a warning message for the player to build up the Magic Resource in order to regain spells. Perhaps a link to city/develop/magic within the message? If I could use an example that exists in the Script Editor, (DEV), I could create some more warning messages and try to make sure that all resources have such messages.

Telarion- As soon as something is unclear, let us know. AO is a complex game and we wish to minimize any confusion a new player may encounter.

Kurt

Telarion
05-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Will do... Just playin while I watch Stargate Atlantis.

Right now I am just building up the resources and have built at least one of every building, concentrating on housing and agricultural production (Also built several extra bakeries) I manage to recover my spells with turns spent recouping my wounded/Morale/Stamina when I am travelling I dont like the stamina to drop below 90.

Just waiting for the population to catch up to the production worker requirements before I go on another buildins surge. At least thats what I believe is consuming most of my worker production.

I want to specifically start fabrication of longbows normal and +* variety along with Elven Chain (sic) hehe

Another thing I have yet to notice is whether or not I can set up outposts withing the same region as my town/city. These outposts could have a cost in the various materials along with an armor weapon etc cost. even have a construction menu?

Also is there a way to diplomatically or subversively take over another town?

Eudrick
05-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Will do... Just playin while I watch Stargate Atlantis.

Right now I am just building up the resources and have built at least one of every building, concentrating on housing and agricultural production (Also built several extra bakeries) Spend some capital and resources on Jewelers. Build up your gold. manage to recover my spells with turns spent recouping my wounded/Morale/Stamina when I am travelling I dont like the stamina to drop below 90.
Be aware that while traveling around your region, the status of your troops at the time of a random encounter is the status of your troops for the onset of that battle. I find it best to fully heal up in place before moving on especially in the early part of the game.

Just waiting for the population to catch up to the production worker requirements before I go on another buildins surge. At least thats what I believe is consuming most of my worker production.
Correctly surmised. Don't get caught in the overbuilding trap. It's the sureet way to a downward spiral.

I want to specifically start fabrication of longbows normal and +* variety along with Elven Chain (sic) hehe
Longbows are available at preset unit levels, until that level is reached you can't use them. +1 and all other plus items can only be gained on the battlefield.

Another thing I have yet to notice is whether or not I can set up outposts withing the same region as my town/city. These outposts could have a cost in the various materials along with an armor weapon etc cost. even have a construction menu? At some point you'll be able to annex the hexes surrounding your city, which you'll then be able to develop. Outposts, vassal cities and armed strongholds are in the development phase for the game and will be brought online sooner rather than later.

Also is there a way to diplomatically or subversively take over another town? Someday. But, I'd not bite off more than I can chew this soon ;)

Telarion
05-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks a ton for the info Eudrick and I completely look forward to playtesting everything when its time has come.

On another note the XML Lore error has crept back in.
- Gulin on Titans
- My Saint
- Tomb Robbers PT 1

I also flipped over to Firefox to ensure that it was not just the IE browser.